Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

Texans as comprised would probably win AFC east
I think you are underrating how good the Bills are. They have a top 10 defense and their offense isn’t nearly as bad as many on this forum imply it is. I would take the Bills over the Texans if they were both in the same division.
I also think the Patriots are going to be a lot better than many on here expect them to be. I think the Patriots and Bills will be the 2 best teams in the AFC East during the 2020 season and it won’t surprise me at all if both of them make the playoffs.
The Dolphins and Jets will struggle to win 5 or 6 games during the season, IMO.

I predict in the preseason the Texans coach is going to realize the Texans GM is an F'ing idiot and there will be massive fighting going on between the two. The team will implode and the coach will blame it on the GM as the GM blames it on the coach when the owner steps in and fires both their a$$es.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.

...after a full year since the Tunsil trade, and then the Hopkins trade...lol

I think you are underrating how good the Bills are. They have a top 10 defense and their offense isn’t nearly as bad as many on this forum imply it is. I would take the Bills over the Texans if they were both in the same division.
I also think the Patriots are going to be a lot better than many on here expect them to be. I think the Patriots and Bills will be the 2 best teams in the AFC East during the 2020 season and it won’t surprise me at all if both of them make the playoffs.
The Dolphins and Jets will struggle to win 5 or 6 games during the season, IMO.
I see the Patriots having a losing season. Their offense is gonna suck.

While I agree, the offense may indeed be pedestrian statistially, I don't underestimate BBs abillity to gameplan, and attack an opponent's weaknesses.

I also believe, despite loosing a couple good players, their defense will still be top half of the league, and most likely, top 10.

Individual talent, aside from Brady, has never been the driving force of that team. It has always been coaching, flexibility and game plans.

Im not saying they are a 13-3 team, but don't be suprised if that dog doesn't still have the ability to bite ppl.

While I agree, the offense may indeed be pedestrian statistially, I don't underestimate BBs abillity to gameplan, and attack an opponent's weaknesses.

I also believe, despite loosing a couple good players, their defense will still be top half of the league, and most likely, top 10.

Individual talent, aside from Brady, has never been the driving force of that team. It has always been coaching, flexibility and game plans.

Im not saying they are a 13-3 team, but don't be suprised if that dog doesn't still have the ability to bite ppl.

The only question I have with the NE D is they will not have the luxury of playing with a lead in 2H as much as they have in previous years. There's a difference between entering 2H ahead 17-7 or behind 10-17. Not saying the D sucks without a good O, but it does make the job harder.

I've said this before on here. If we are in any position to take Lawrence next year, we should. At that point, we should send Tua packing (we can still get a decent draft pick for him). If he doesn't play in 2020 (and he shouldn't see the field at all until they are certain he is ok to take a beating), there will be enough intrigue there for some other QB-starved team to give up decent value to get Tua. I hope the Texans go 2-14 in 2020 (with their wins being against New England and Pittsburgh). Unfortunately, I think they will be much better than that.
Very unlikely. Tua is already the marketing face of the franchise. If all signs are he’s still healthy, he’s their guy.

You‘re just flat naive. Furthermore you and a few select others are falsely trying to rationalize dropping 7 wins over the loss of just one star player. You fail to recognize that HOU just wasn’t that good and overachieved. And now they also got worse. And didn’t backfill talent via the draft.

Then there’s the schedule.

Have fun swimming in a small pond this upcoming season. We’ll drop by periodically to remind you how silly you guys were in this thread.

Until then, as you were.
Thanks for the kind words to us that disagree with your logic. Just one last (maybe) point; you seem to count winning close games as an indication they overachieved. Or is that perhaps just that you underestimated them? Nearly every playoff team has those games they won that were “lucky”. Then there’s games you lose where you were unlucky too. Happens every year.
The fact is teams with QBs as good as Watson rarely have dreadful seasons. It makes up for a lot.

top 3? yeah, no....

it could very well be a top 15 pick though.

I agree that bottom 3 In the league isn’t the likeliest outcome. Unless Watson goes down. I believe bottom 10 is more feasible.

I certainly don’t see them as a playoff team, although with an extra team from each conference being added, it makes it more possible.

Regardless, I saw a team last season that was uber fortunate to win many of the close games they were in. I just don’t think good fortune will strike them as routinely, especially with such a key piece of the offense gone and others improving more than them.

I agree ... last season early on their defense seemed to be the difference for them ... as the season went on they faded ... they struggled for wins IMO and were a shell of themselves by game 16 ... and we spanked them for it

I didn't see any off season moves from them that worry me and they didn't bother getting a QB... I guess it could change if they snag what's his name from Carolina ...

I hope this thread goes on all the way to January, it’s a really big deal if they fall off...

news albert news alert, the Texans have signed Barkevious Mingo..

lol...there goes that great gm/ coach at it again.

Back
Top Bottom