our poor field... whos with me? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our poor field... whos with me?

BTW, do you people really want to be payin 100 million in taxes the next couple of years just so we can take that dirt infield out of PPS. Big Deal, it has never affected us until this year.

I am sick of seeing the Marlins in JRS. I want them to win this Series (although I did want the Cubs to beat them) but that stupid dirt infield pisses me off. I am going to be really ****ing mad if someone gets injured on Sunday because of it.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
sounds like whining to me....and i agree while baseball is boring, the playoffs tend to be an exception, i was on the edgeof my seat all series...and by the way, the Cubs have a world series ring too.....(even if it was in 1908)

Well technically not true. Even though the Cubs do have World Series titles in 1907 and 1908, there is no such thing as a Cobs Worlds Champions ring. Back then a lapel pin(usually with diamonds) was given as the piece of championship jewelry. So the Cubs have never had a title ring, and niether have the Red Sox for that matter. In fact when the Red Sox last won a title in 1918, ironicly over the Cubs, there was actually a mini-strike staged during one of the games, by both teams to protest the dilution of the World Series pay shares. So after the Series ended, the Red Sox owner, Harry Frazee who would go on to sell off most of the team's good players within three years, reacted to the mini-strike by refusing to issue the championship lapel pins. So ironicly the last World Series winners in Boston got both the lowest cash payout in World Series history and no jewelry to show for it either.

Originally posted by Miamian

Muck, if it were up to me I'd give the Marlins PPS and move the Dolphins back to the Orange Bowl.

Wow :eek:

You know what, that could be part of a really cool poll. I'll pose a question of that sort when I get back tonight. :)

Back
Top Bottom