Our Problem: Players Or Coaching... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Problem: Players Or Coaching...

No, we don't mind seeing a loss because a win accomplishes nothing for the long term health of the team. This team is not going anywhere this season. A loss (losses) might wake up ownership to get rid of the horrible decision makers and coaches on this team. They have not built nor coached a winner. It might make him see the dead weight in the players. It gives us a higher draft pick in each round. What does a win do for us?

Hmmmm......

Helps create a winning culture
Helps us fans enjoy being fans
Help us attract more/better free agents
Help our status with the National media
Help make me not afraid to discuss football with my co-workers on Monday
Helps the players and coaches gain confidence
Helps evaluate talent and their ability to perform in crunch time
Helps us with our desire to kill everyone in the AFC East...including the Bills
Helps improve our record to .500

I mean, isn't that the goal...to actually win the game you are playing?

I certainly understand your frustration with the team, players or coaches, but as a FAN, I would never root for my team to lose....just doesn't work that way for me. I can also assure you that the coaching staff and front office and the players aren't thinking about draft position and where we pick next year....they are focused on playing well, winning and securing their futures. They may not be successful, time will tell on that, but the idea that they would sit around and conspire to lose is a forum fantasy.

I fully expect this team to try to run the table and go 10-6. Will they....we both know that isn't likely........but think about how frustrated and angry this fan base was last week when our coach didn't TRY to get a first down on our last possession. Now imagine this team laying down for the last 5 games.....what the hell is that going to do for us? Move us up a few slots in the draft order....great......everyone will get fired and nobody will want to play here but we will pick 3 spots earlier than we would have if we had actually shown some heart and played to win.

Play the game to win....and do that every time! That is the only way to play the game.

FO offices 80% Coaching 20%. That 80% can be divided among Wanny, Ireland, Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase. From as far back as 2005 when Rodgers was in the draft, I think average Dolphins fans could have made better picks than our GM's. That includes Rodgers, Brees and countless other players as recent as Lamar Jackson. The odds of the Dolphins front offices and medical staffs making the wrong player choices time and again in the draft and free agency are great

Coaching no doubt in my mind.

Watch other teams play and you'll see very clearly how their is a distinct difference in how they adjust, attack, scheme and expose weaknesses of the inferior team. For Miami, every game is a hard fought battle. No blowouts because the coaching is lacking.

Self scouting is almost non-existent in Miami. The only react instead of being proactive. A player has to get injured before the better player gets more time.

It's extremely frustrating.

Coaching no doubt in my mind.

Watch other teams play and you'll see very clearly how their is a distinct difference in how they adjust, attack, scheme and expose weaknesses of the inferior team. For Miami, every game is a hard fought battle. No blowouts because the coaching is lacking.

Self scouting is almost non-existent in Miami. The only react instead of being proactive. A player has to get injured before the better player gets more time.

It's extremely frustrating.

Agreed coaching is part to blame, but if you're getting to this level of, you have to see Gase is dealing with a bad hand with injuries and he spoke of missed gap assignments and s o that's all over McMillan learning the game or he's the wrong fit. But it comes down to higher decisions having not provided us depth and weak interior line and not in the least a plan at QB.

Regardless of what you think of the coaches or the talent, the record is due to injuries and lack of quality depth.

If Sitton, Tannehill and Wilson (on offense for example) and Hayes and Taylor (on defense for example), never went down, we would be in the catbird seat right now, record-wise.

I don't blame the FO for the lack of quality depth, except Osweiler. Can't have studs on the bench at every position, but you need a better back up QB.

Heck, if Tunsil didn't go down in the Cincy game we probably win that one, even with Ryan getting his shoulder injured.

Agree. Guys can’t do the fundamentals like, block for example. That’s coaching.

It’s a mix of player deficiencies and coaching. The lacking of fundamental technique is absolutely accurate. I watch how our players carry out their assignments and it’s not a mystery why the team gives up big plays but rarely makes plays. I would strongly recommend Gase look into the techniques taught by his position coaches because there is something basically wrong with how these guys are taught to position themselves, block, and tackle.

Regardless of what you think of the coaches or the talent, the record is due to injuries and lack of quality depth.

If Sitton, Tannehill and Wilson (on offense for example) and Hayes and Taylor (on defense for example), never went down, we would be in the catbird seat right now, record-wise.

I don't blame the FO for the lack of quality depth, except Osweiler. Can't have studs on the bench at every position, but you need a better back up QB.

Heck, if Tunsil didn't go down in the Cincy game we probably win that one, even with Ryan getting his shoulder injured.

Injuries happen all over the league. As a coach you have to be able to deal with them. I don't care who you put out there, they cannot go out there and play like trash. You cannot have depth players who don't deserve to be in the NFL. You better be a good enough coach to develop your depth and communicate what you need out of them on the football field. Otherwise, the injury bug will ALWAYS be an excuse.

One of Gase's biggest problems is that he doesn't adapt quick enough to change and it shows on the football field.

It's coaching. Gase is not a leader of men. He's an OC. Hes not in charge of the defense like a HC should be, and his coordinator prepare the defense.
Look at Gase stand there at a presser with his hat down so low you can't see his eyes. That does not speak confidence. Maybe he does the same thing with his players and staff. It means he's hiding something, like the fact he can't do the job.

Back
Top Bottom