Our QB play > NE QB play last 10 games - for real. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our QB play > NE QB play last 10 games - for real.

Check this out:

“On the season, Brady is averaging his fewest yards per pass attempt since 2002, when most of his teammates were in elementary school and passing across the league was far less efficient. Over the last 10 games, he has a 78.9 passer rating, which ranks 25th out of 27 qualified passers. His yards per attempt, in that span, are dead last among those 27 quarterbacks.

For three consecutive years now, Brady’s yards per attempt has declined, from 9.3 in 2016 to 6.1—a fall of 34.4%. Those dips, though, have been papered over by a simple fact more important than any statistic: the Patriots continued to win.”

it’s as if Adam Gase is calling the plays in NE. Fitz stinks but he’s above 78.9 correct?

He lost the best TE in football and basically has one good wr and still he is better than our quarterbacks. Fitz throws too many interceptions. every game they lost they had a chance to win.
that being said I would not want either guy as our QB next year but would take Brady at any age over Fitzpatrick

He lost the best TE in football and basically has one good wr and still he is better than our quarterbacks. Fitz throws too many interceptions. every game they lost they had a chance to win.
that being said I would not want either guy as our QB next year but would take Brady at any age over Fitzpatrick

I've always question this thought process. Never at anytime in Brady's career has he ever had to play with the construction of our types of teams. Specifically bad OL play and marginal defensive play.

Clearly, With a great defense and good-great OL protection...Brady is Brady.

But the rare times we've seen him had protection issues(The Jason Taylor/Zack Thomas) years...He's looked like trash.

When I first heard the speculation I said nah, no way, but it’s getting some traction. I think more because of the fact that some of the Pats staff is here- rather than reality.

I would PUKE my guts out daily
And he stinks anyway

They can’t run, the offensive line can’t protect, they get zilch from the TE position and have virtually nothing outside of Edelman and White. Why do I feel like they’re still going to figure it out?

You mean an elite QB can't carry his team? whoda thunk it.
2 comments
even elite QBs need a good receiver corp
Some of us have been say since TB hit 40 . . . 40yo don't gradually decline. Anyone over 40 knows at some point the bodies abilities deteriorate more quickly than thought. It appears Brady is learning this. Not NEAR the accuracy or quickness he had 2-3 years ago

You mean an elite QB can't carry his team? whoda thunk it.
2 comments
even elite QBs need a good receiver corp
Some of us have been say since TB hit 40 . . . 40yo don't gradually decline. Anyone over 40 knows at some point the bodies abilities deteriorate more quickly than thought. It appears Brady is learning this. Not NEAR the accuracy or quickness he had 2-3 years ago

man screw you! some guy forgot to put his truck in park yesterday morning at the gas station, started rolling towards me, i "jumped" out of the way and grabbed the tailgate to stop it. Still feel like i dislocated my shoulder a day later, when i was 20 i wouldve snatched it up and pulled it back to where it was normally parked. But you see this in basketball alot because its easier to point out. The older players take alot of plays off so their bodies will still have a little something left if they make the playoffs. hopefully brady isnt just taking a little off and his body is finally showing signs of age. I've always been curious to see him on another team, but hell 10 years ago i was saying he'd never leave the Pats because he might potentially get exposed by not knowing what defense the other team was running.

Shows how pedestrian he's become without good receivers and a good running game. He really only has Edelman now and no Gronk. He's just about finished at this point in his career, it's winding down fast.

And when his 3yd passes do not work and forced to throw over 10 with some pressure
He becomes awful

And when his 3yd passes do not work and forced to throw over 10 with some pressure
He becomes awful
Exactly - he’s been downright dreadful in these moments. I’m sure he’ll look great against Cincy but I think it’s pretty clear they will not get out of the AFC this year.

he's forty ****ing two.

the guy only needs to really turn it on in the playoffs.

they've done him zero favors this year with the receiving core. sanu is still figuring it out and dorsett is a dart throw type. edelman is fine but doesn't offer brady a physical winner who can make contested plays.

did i mention he's forty two?

Back
Top Bottom