Our Rookie Wide Receivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Rookie Wide Receivers

The Fins have an opportunity here to be a WR factory. This offense put players in space to make plays and combined with the unit being top heavy with Waddle and Hill, should make the bottom of the unit look very good..

Picking WRs in the 4th-UDFA every draft in order to flip some for picks might not be a bad approach to take from time to time...

That Tanner Connor Long seam route was very good, it was smooth, fast, coordinated, none of the other tight ends but Gesicki can make that play.. and I’m not sure Gesicki keeps his feet, he has a tendency to stumble

Just keep that kid and get rid of Cethan Carter or Adam shaheen

Lots of nice chatter about these three during training camp, so I'll post a bit of info about each from NFLDraftBuzz. No idea how reputable they are, but what the heck.

• Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
  • Goes up high for jump balls. Good flexibility and reach to snatch back-shoulder throws.
  • Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.

• Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
  • Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
  • A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.

• Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
  • Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
  • Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
Nice post Stoobz. Thanks for doing it!

Lots of nice chatter about these three during training camp, so I'll post a bit of info about each from NFLDraftBuzz. No idea how reputable they are, but what the heck.

• Goes up high for jump balls. Good flexibility and reach to snatch back-shoulder throws.
  • Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.

• Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
  • A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.

• Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
  • Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
What a great time to be a Dolphins fan!
To be fair, it's a terrible time to be a "Lemming" on a Dolphins forum - LOL
It "almost" breaks my heart - LOL

That Tanner Connor Long seam route was very good, it was smooth, fast, coordinated, none of the other tight ends but Gesicki can make that play.. and I’m not sure Gesicki keeps his e has a tendency to stumble

Absolutely. Connor has a much higher ceiling IMHO.

Great topic and post. Thank you.

Appreciate the posting. The first 2 sound like the same scout.

That Tanner Connor Long seam route was very good, it was smooth, fast, coordinated, none of the other tight ends but Gesicki can make that play.. and I’m not sure Gesicki keeps his feet, he has a tendency to stumble

I think Carter and Shaheen are done. It appears Miami is looking to clean out the old and bring in new blood.

I’m hoping Bowden makes it as WR6 he can be good for PR,KR and some gadget plays.

Ezu looks legit and Sanders looking promising.
Hmmmm...... Hardly any KOs are even returned these days. Hill and Waddle offer far more for any type of "gadget" plays that do not involve passing, and we have a couple other guys that can do that.. I'm not in favor of using a roster spot for a JAG punt returner.

Sucks for LBJ, but there is too much talent on this roster to keep him around when he doesn't really excel at anything in particular.

Hmmmm...... Hardly any KOs are even returned these days. Hill and Waddle offer far more for any type of "gadget" plays that do not involve passing, and we have a couple other guys that can do that.. I'm not in favor of using a roster spot for a JAG punt returner.

Sucks for LBJ, but there is too much talent on this roster to keep him around when he doesn't really excel at anything in particular.
Great situation to be in for us, not him.

Agree, but that Kick returner could be a 2nd team DB or 5th receiver and on the roster anyway. I agree, NO roster spot for a KO guy.

Conner at 6’3 really runs a sub 4.4? That’s sick.

EE is also a huge body at 6’3 220

It’s not like Sanders is tiny. He’s 6’0 and played in the SEC.

I want to get a look at these guys in preseason.

Because of the number crunch, I wonder if we can get away with Conner and Sanders on the PS.

My unsung guy who might make the roster is Cra-cra. Runs good routes, knows what MM likes, and I believe can return punts.

Hill, Waddle, Wilson, EE, Sherfield, Cracraft.

PS: Sanders and Conner

Cutting room floor: Bowden, Williams

Conner at 6’3 really runs a sub 4.4? That’s sick.

EE is also a huge body at 6’3 220

It’s not like Sanders is tiny. He’s 6’0 and played in the SEC.

I want to get a look at these guys in preseason.

Because of the number crunch, I wonder if we can get away with Conner and Sanders on the PS.

My unsung guy who might make the roster is Cra-cra. Runs good routes, knows what MM likes, and I believe can return punts.

Hill, Waddle, Wilson, EE, Sherfield, Cracraft.

PS: Sanders and Conner

Cutting room floor: Bowden, Williams
Ezukamna is not 6’3 220

He measured at 6’1 7/8 and 209 at the combine. These numbers are still in the 61st and 66th respectively.

It’s helps to combine that with his…

arm length (33.5, 89%)
vertical (36.5, 64%)
broad jump (126”, 82%)

…to see why he can play bigger than he is. But he doesn’t just play bigger in the contestanted catch sense, he also runs like a RB once the ball is in his hands

EZ has plenty of size, but I just see his listed college numbers of 6’3 220 posted too much and it’s just not accurate. He’ll be listed at 6’2 ~210 in the NFL this year.

Back
Top Bottom