Our Rookie Wide Receivers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Rookie Wide Receivers

Ezukamna is not 6’3 220

He measured at 6’1 7/8 and 209 at the combine. These numbers are still in the 61st and 66th respectively.

It’s helps to combine that with his…

arm length (33.5, 89%)
vertical (36.5, 64%)
broad jump (126”, 82%)

…to see why he can play bigger than he is. But he doesn’t just play bigger in the contestanted catch sense, he also runs like a RB once the ball is in his hands

EZ has plenty of size, but I just see his listed college numbers of 6’3 220 posted too much and it’s just not accurate. He’ll be listed at 6’2 ~210 in the NFL this year.
Combine height is very accurate, as opposed to the usual collegiate exaggeration. The combine weight listing is often a different story though. Guys, particularly skills, drop weight leading up to the combine to give them every advantage in 40 time. His playing weight is likely closer to 220 than 209.

Not trying to be argumentative whatsoever. Just making an observation.

Combine height is very accurate, as opposed to the usual collegiate exaggeration. The combine weight listing is often a different story though. Guys, particularly skills, drop weight leading up to the combine to give them every advantage in 40 time. His playing weight is likely closer to 220 than 209.

Fair enough

Good Point.

The Fins have an opportunity here to be a WR factory. This offense put players in space to make plays and combined with the unit being top heavy with Waddle and Hill, should make the bottom of the unit look very good..

Picking WRs in the 4th-UDFA every draft in order to flip some for picks might not be a bad approach to take from time to time...
We have surplus TE and should consider trading one. I would even consider moving Gesicki for the right return. Otherwise we will be cutting talent and probably losing them to another team.

We have surplus TE and should consider trading one. I would even consider moving Gesicki for the right return. Otherwise we will be cutting talent and probably losing them to another team.
I would consider moving anyone for the right return.

The issue with MG is that he is not under contract. That considerably limits what another team may offer.

Before we go down the "tag and trade", or "sign and trade" rabbit holes, I'll just say while technically possible, they are highly unlikely, particularly in this specific case.

Conner at 6’3 really runs a sub 4.4? That’s sick.

EE is also a huge body at 6’3 220

It’s not like Sanders is tiny. He’s 6’0 and played in the SEC.

I want to get a look at these guys in preseason.

Because of the number crunch, I wonder if we can get away with Conner and Sanders on the PS.

My unsung guy who might make the roster is Cra-cra. Runs good routes, knows what MM likes, and I believe can return punts.

Hill, Waddle, Wilson, EE, Sherfield, Cracraft.

PS: Sanders and Conner

Cutting room floor: Bowden, Williams
I doubt Sanders would make it to the practice squad, but I guess it's too early to say that. Let's see what happens in preseason games.

Intriguing group of receivers assembled by McDaniel and Grier.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
What a great time to be a Dolphins fan!
To be fair, it's a terrible time to be a "Lemming" on a Dolphins forum - LOL
It "almost" breaks my heart - LOL

WR ROOM
  1. Hill - Top Dog - LOCK
  2. Waddle - Top Dog Jr. - LOCK
  3. Wilson - Recent Trade & A Stud - LOCK
  4. Sherfield - A Welker Guy From SF & ST Ace - LOCK
  5. EZ - 2022 Draft Pick Showing out in Camp - LOCK
  6. Sanders - Balling in Camp (Battle here for the last spot with Cracraft, Bowden, & Others…(Preston is a goner)

WR ROOM
  1. Hill - Top Dog - LOCK
  6. Sanders - Balling in Camp (Battle here for the last spot with Cracraft, Bowden, & Others…(Preston is a goner)
That seems the likely outcome. I suppose it's possible we keep 7, but despite what MG is focused on in camp, he will almost certainly see snaps from the slot position, as well as outside, whether it be lining up there, presnap shifts, motion, or whatever.

Shaheen, Bowden, and Williams can and should all be moved for whatever we can get for them.

All three could easily play in the NFL for lesser teams, but for us, they are merely injury insurance.

WR ROOM
  1. Hill - Top Dog - LOCK
I like that lineup, but let's see some game time action first when it comes to 4, 5 and 6.

I would really like to see Bowden make the team this year as he is so versatile and was the playing the best out of our receivers for a long period in 2020. I think he is extremely underrated. I would like to see him back up Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom