Our Season Is Over...but Always Look Forward To The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Season Is Over...but Always Look Forward To The Draft

Did I see just see someone post to get rid of JT?

What's his contract status?

WHY IN THE HECK would the Fins ever let go of JT. ZT yes, JT would be dumb. JUST IMHO.

Let's keep the QB's we have. This will provide stability for next year and perhaps prevent a slow start.

Let some of the older defensive players go and replace them with younger ones already on the team.

Look for an OLB and shut down corner in FA.

Draft a new LT, QB, C, WR, LB or Saftey, and backup RB

Determine the first team early in TC and let them practice, practice, practice.

Let's keep the QB's we have. This will provide stability for next year and perhaps prevent a slow start.

Let some of the older defensive players go and replace them with younger ones already on the team.

Our QB's suck and we are stocked with RB's, other than that I agree with you.

Not bad.

Team needs IMHO, in no specific order.

-A true #1 WR, I think Chambers should remain, but I'm not going to excuse his poor play any more, he has to earn throws again.

-OL, a starting LT with our likely #10 pick, but no more project tackles please, a stud or nothing.

-Pass rushing OLB.

-1 shutdown corner.

-A young QB on day 2 of the draft.

Stability at QB with what we have? We will be stabilly crap for the whole season yay!! Need a QB first and foremost.

Saban isnt leaving for Bama, its alot of money but a crap job from what I hear. Even if he does, you dont replace 35 players in 1 offseason, if only for cap reasons. We need to make some changes for sure, but lets not go overboard :)

Stability at QB with what we have? We will be stabilly crap for the whole season yay!! Need a QB first and foremost.

Saban isnt leaving for Bama, its alot of money but a crap job from what I hear. Even if he does, you dont replace 35 players in 1 offseason, if only for cap reasons. We need to make some changes for sure, but lets not go overboard :)

Like it or not, if Saban stays, so does Culpepper. I personally like it. Lemon has shown enough to challenge for the #2 IMO, cut Joey and bring him back as a backup only after June 1st if the draft and FA haven't yielded a better QB to compete with Culpepper.

I don't know of any FA QB's that would be clear upgrades, unless Saban can get a stud in the draft, the starting QB on opening day in 07' is Culpepper.

I wouldn't mind drafting a QB to develop, in any round, but if you are Saban you don't spend a 2nd round pick on a starting QB, just to give up on him after one injury recovery year.

My choice would be Gaines Adams, but I think he might be gone before the tenth pick....likely 6th-8th.....so why not take WR D. Jarrett of USC...6'5" and I think right up there with CJ of Ga Tech....CC is too hot or cold for my liking.

This draft should be exciting...because I think we can get picks for Chambers, McMichael, probably JT...and who knows, maybe some of the others that I'm forgetting....we should be able to get at least ten picks out of this draft.

:lol:

That logic is awestrikeing. Where do you suppose we could pick up
a player that has more impact on a game than JT?

I'd hoped that this season's play would've stopped the talk of tradeing
JT....I see I was just living in a fantasy world.

Did you hear coach Shula trash the Bama job?

I can't see anyway in the world that Saban leaves for that situation knowing his relationship with Shula and WH. The Bama job is not a good situation anymore and even Saban can't fix that mess.

The points some of you make about cleaning house is valid and we need to bring in some new blood. I looked at the 30 or so free agents we have and I'm just not feeling the love on any of them--I'd let em all go. Mularkey must go too.

We have not spent any high picks on stud o-lineman and we need to bite the bullet this year and get a LT. We also need another stud corner, a young QB, and a #1 WR. The jury is still out on DC, but I'm one that believes that he will be back next year and be very effective. Hopefully he will have Ricky and Ronnie behind him, which should take the pressure off.

I love JT, but if someone wants him for a high #1 I would think long and hard about it--he will never have a higher trade value than this year.

Time to rebuild fellas.

Doesn't change the fact that teams don't just trade away multiple players and restart with 35 new players in one year. Unless you are playing madden.

But this isn't an ordinary situation. We have 30 FAs. Of those signed for next year, about 10 or so are over 30. Those guys are potentially always fodder to be cut. Throw in a new coach who wants to rebuild and you have a scenario where 30 to 35 new players isn't that much of a reach.

There isn't going to be a new coach. You really think Saban wants to leave the Dolphins this way? He would be a failure. He won't go to Bama. As for the quarterback situation, it's still to soon to tell whether or not Culpepper really sucks, or if it was just the injury. I think it was the injury. We definitely need a true #1 receiver. All you *******es who want to trade Taylor and Thomas...WTF?!! These two guys have been the mainstays of our team for years. They are the guys who gave us a chance this year to even be competitive. You want to trade them? Fans like you are what I hate about football.

Back
Top Bottom