Our starting Defense was off the field before the second touchdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our starting Defense was off the field before the second touchdown

RockyMtnPhinfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am sitting here watching the replay and BEFORE the second touchdown was even scored our starting defense was off the field. The sky is NOT falling, this is preseason yall.

Fields is playing nose and Edds and Spitler are playing ILB during the second drive that scored. No big deal, but i am happy to see our second and third team players come back and win.

I am sitting here watching the replay and BEFORE the second touchdown was even scored our starting defense was off the field. The sky is NOT falling, this is preseason yall.

Fields is playing nose and Edds and Spitler are playing ILB during the second drive that scored. No big deal, but i am happy to see our second and third team players come back and win.

I saw Francis, Edds, Spitler, Mcdaniel, Odrick, Culver, Ness, Carroll, Fields, Clemmons and Wilson . . . outside of Clemmons and Jones competing for the job . . . it was all backups.

You can say what you want but on Atlanta's second possession, THE D HAD NO EFFORT!!!

You know how it is on this forum, over-react first, then panic. Followed up with blame player X for everything. YAY!

It's a sloppy first preseason game where the bottom of the roster get their chance to shine.

You can say what you want but on Atlanta's second possession, THE D HAD NO EFFORT!!!

No they didn't go all out on the first scoring drive. I'd be worried if they were going full speed and Atlanta drove it on them like that. Easy when a good team like Atlanta scripts plays for Julio Jones, while your defense is vanilla as can be and not giving a full effort in the first preseason game.

The announcer even said it was mostly Atlanta's first string against our back ups. Still can't take anything away from a very nice TD pass for Ryan though. That was a very impressive throw

The announcer even said it was mostly Atlanta's first string against our back ups. Still can't take anything away from a very nice TD pass for Ryan though. That was a very impressive throw

Yep, I said the same thing last night . . . great throw, would have had to been a great play by Vontae or Sean to break that up.

If even they had been on the field, the sky would still not be falling. It's preseason. Let's all try to keep our brains in our heads.

The defense does not concern me. Everyone is back from last year, with the exception of Crowder, who they replaced with an upgrade in Kevin Burnett. Mike Nolan is still running things, the entire defensive staff is back and they get players like Odrick and Edds back who missed most if not all of the 2010 season. They were a top 6 defense last year, it was the first preseason game after a lockout, they ran a vanilla scheme, and didn't game plan. We all know what this defense is capable of and there is no reason for concern in my opinion.

In fact it was only in the first series that we played our first string D . and they destroyed atlanta`s front men. it was 3 and out.

EXACTLY! right on. I watched Starks and Mcdaniel and they were just trying not to get hurt. Mission accomplished. No fight in us minus guys like Odrick who need to show something. This whole media headline overreaction thing is just that.

If you watch closely, the Lines did not go all out. Anyone want to argue that, fine, but clearly guys not fighting to make the team were playing not to get hurt. Mularky threw his classic end around i see. LOL! Julio on end around. highlight reel. Atlanta did not look so happy after our two TD's. That was sick DB play for Atlanta. hartline and Wallace were so friggin wide open its not even funny. that should be a disgrace to Atalanta, but hey, if they dont have a problem with that, good luck making it to the Super bowl.

YEP!! i just saw the game .. which is a good sign for Miami ... although the secondary seemed confused on a few plays early on in the game ... things look good though for the 1st unit.

Back
Top Bottom