Our TE group - what’s the plan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our TE group - what’s the plan?

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
When we kept 5 on the 53, I thought for sure that was just a temp move.

How do you guys see the position group playing out?

This is fascinating to me.

When we kept 5 on the 53, I thought for sure that was just a temp move.

How do you guys see the position group playing out?

This is fascinating to me.
hunter long, mike gesicki, durham smythe play on offense as tight ends.

shaheen should go.

cephus mccarter should do his special teams demon thing regardless of what position group he is assigned to on the depth chart.

hunter long, mike gesicki, durham smythe play on offense as tight ends.

shaheen should go.

cephus mccarter should do his special teams demon thing regardless of what position group he is assigned to on the depth chart.
Shaheen had a nice year last year and was a bit of a surprise. At some point I was thinking we’d cut 1 and pick up a 4th RB - but then again we have 2 RBs on the PS.

Shaheen had a nice year last year and was a bit of a surprise. At some point I was thinking we’d cut 1 and pick up a 4th RB - but then again we have 2 RBs on the PS.
i think he's a good player.

until this year i had no idea he went to the cole beasley school of idiots.

but yeah, the numbers are strange right now.

No matter how many they decide to keep on the roster, they need to get a lot more production out of the TE position than they did yesterday. The entire group had a total of 1 catch for 9 yards and that catch was by Smythe.

There weren’t a lot of holes in the running game. So neither the OL or the TE’s were effective in that part of the offense. Gesicki was in on only about 50% of the offensive plays. Either he is injured or the coaching staff just didn’t think he was an important part of the offensive game plan.

The top TE’s in the league are in the game for the majority of their teams offensive plays. It just makes me wonder if he is healthy, do the Dolphins really have any interest in signing him to a new contract or have they already decided that Long and Smythe are more valuable in their offense than Gesicki is.

It should be interesting to see how Gesicki is utilized the remainder of this season.

Shaheen is gonna stay, Gesicki will be dropped

baby moments GIF

OL issues are most likely forcing additional protection assignments, instead of roaming the middle of the field flagging down a ride.

I think the tight ends specifically Gesicki will slowly become more important as we play more games. It will be essential the second half of the season.I think flo Used them more for protection than receivers countering Bellis def game plan

Dont sign Gesecki to an extension.let some sucker pay him and grab that comp pick.
I think this is a possibility. Someone will overpay for him (ala Charles Clay) and I don’t know that we’ll match. I don’t think the staff values him as much as the open market will.

OL issues are most likely forcing additional protection assignments, instead of roaming the middle of the field flagging down a ride.
I saw some writer suggest that starting a rookie at LT caused us to go to more blocking TEs instead of using Gesecki.

Back
Top Bottom