Our Top Free Agents to Re-sign | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Top Free Agents to Re-sign

I hadnt thought of putting Hollins at TE, he sure has the frame for it.

Smythe is better i think too, while he will never be a pro bowler he is good enough to stay.

Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Hollins, Needham. Maybe franchise tag Ogbah.

Resign Ogbah for 3 years
Tag MG
Resign Hollins, Needham for team friendly deals
The rest I can wait until after the draft and FA to address

Ogbah is the only player who I think the Dolphins would have trouble replacing.
‘’Gesicki for the right price would be nice to have back but if he is looking to be paid more than $12 million a year, resign Smythe and hope Long develops in year 2,

Johnson shouldn’t be that expensive since the Dolphins signed him as a free agent and he spent most of the year on the practice squad. So he would be a nice #2 RB if they draft a RB to be the #1 RB.

With it unknown at this time what their offensive and defensive schemes will be next year. It is difficult to know if any of the other free agents would have success in the schemes next year. So once they hire a new HC, OC, and DC, Grier and these coaches can sit down and decide which free agents they want to try and resign.

I think a better oline makes a better running game, better players better coaching. I would keep Duke and Lindsay and run then with Gaskin behind a stronger line

I agree he is basically one dimensional as a TE.

If we can keep him at a good price (low) then OK. Otherwise, he is most meaningful to us as trade material.
It's looking like a pretty decent draft for tight ends, but I agree. Keep Gesicki at the right price.

Now, if Miami gets the 49ers OC as the new head coach, everyone has to be able to block. Including wide receivers.

In that scenario, I think Gesicki would be gone.

Nik Needham sucks and people keep feeding him. For every 1 good play he gives up 5 or more bad.

Let someone else pay him the bigger contract since he's no longer a UDFA, and watch the receptions roll in.
I dunno. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the time to really know what I'm talking about anymore, but Needham seems to be a good, developing CB. Again, I can't really watch film anymore....I could very well be wrong on that.

Back
Top Bottom