Our Top Free Agents to Re-sign | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Top Free Agents to Re-sign

My thing with Gesicki is that I’d just way rather have Njoku or the combo of Engram + Ertz for the same money. And I think we would have those alternatives for the same money. So I’d let him walk and go Njoku.

Ogbah - absolutely and he should be the number 1 priority

Gesicki - I'm really leaning towards letting him go, if he will cost $10mil+ a year then stick with what we have and maybe draft a mid to late round blocking TE.

Nic Needham - absolutely

Duke - only if it's dirt cheap, still need to draft someone

Mack Hollins - if it's a no brainer contract

I like Gesicki, but the feeling is he will demand too much money and he doesnt separate or break a darn tackle, ever. Hes a good "go up and get it" reciever like DVP. Save money there. Ogbah id keep for the righ tmoney but he is getting older and may have hit his peak. Id love to get Duke back and Lindsay too while drafting a RB within the first 2 rounds.

Agree with all that, except for Gisecki, not a fan. Cant run, can’t get open, can’t block. And gets shut down quite often from opposing defenses
I agree he is basically one dimensional as a TE.

If we can keep him at a good price (low) then OK. Otherwise, he is most meaningful to us as trade material.

Miami also needs a better backup quarterback. My biggest issue with Tua is durability, so the Dolphins need a strong backup IMO. Some might also want a quarterback who can challenge Tua for the starting job. That's fine if it happens.

Ogbah and Gesicki would be my two priorities. I'd like to see both Duke Johnson, Needham and Hollins back.

I agree he is basically one dimensional as a TE.

If we can keep him at a good price (low) then OK. Otherwise, he is most meaningful to us as trade material.
I hear ya on the cheap but to be honest after the second half of the season and his decline and his lack of tools I just think we could do better if we move on

I have a more fundamental reason to get rid of Gesicki. I just don't like the guy. I don't care if it's a sound football decision to keep him. That wouldn't enter my thinking.

Dating to Penn State he's always stood out as self-obsessed to the point he's worthy of the same type of name amendment that was popular for Robert Griffin. He spins the ball after a catch even if we're down 3 touchdowns or if it would be best served to get the ball to the referee in a hurry toward the next play. Gesicki would prefer to point and gesture than care about any of that. He can't be bothered to block on National Tight End Day or any day. Not exactly shocking that all he cares about when Flores is fired is that now we'll pass 40 times per game.

Gesicki is the opposite of the early '70s incredibly team oriented guys. That's the criteria I always use.
he's the most finesse player in the game..

If its true he wants to get paid like a receiver ok, his 780 yards and 2 tds should net him about 7 mill a year.

I think a lot of this is going to come down to who’s coach and what kind of schemes are we running. For example, if we are going to be running a more traditional 3-4 defense, I’m not sure Ogbah has the size to play DE or the speed to play OLB.

My thing with Gesicki is that I’d just way rather have Njoku or the combo of Engram + Ertz for the same money. And I think we would have those alternatives for the same money. So I’d let him walk and go Njoku.
Njoku has not lived up to his potential imo, and has had many opps to do so, something doesn't seem right.

lets not forget we do have Hunter Long, his hands are on par with Gesicki..maybe he just needed a season to get his bearings.

My thing is I'd rather have CJ Uzomah from the Bengals.

Not sure if they are going to pony up the money for him though. Burrow's extension will likely be coming after the 2022 season and it's going to be on par with Mahomes contract but they can probably afford to keep Uzomah in the fold for now.

I hear ya on the cheap but to be honest after the second half of the season and his decline and his lack of tools I just think we could do better if we move on
Dang, as long as it isnt about Tua, I am in agreement with EasyRider! We can find better options for less than what Gesicki could get on open market. Bring Njoku back to Miami for half the price and retain Smythe. We need the money for the lines.

Id rather have Smythe than Gesicki. I cant remember the dude dropping a pass and he's a complete TE. If you cant at least slow down a DE or assist an edge running play or WR screen then youre just a tall, slow WR. Seriously, we could move Hollins to Gesicki's spot next season without missing a beat.

Once Hollins got some hands he became worth his weight in Gold.
Ideally, Long can step up into a dual purpose TE that can move somebody in the run game.

Njoku has not lived up to his potential imo, and has had many opps to do so, something doesn't seem right.

lets not forget we do have Hunter Long, his hands are on par with Gesicki..maybe he just needed a season to get his bearings.
We basically 'redshirted' Long and now we get the fruit, as we can let Gesicki walk. Smythe is my guy. Multipurpose and I dont remember him dropping a ball this year.

Back
Top Bottom