Outgained 415-175 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Outgained 415-175

4ed7b6b63e33efa71fe8c072737b6c199b21604f.gif

Dolphins currently are 30th in NFL with 192 First Downs total. Only the Jets (187) and the Cardinals (172) are worse. Both those teams are abysmal offensively and have rookie QBs.

This is an indictment of Gase. I am not in the belief that Tannehill is our longterm answer here, but Gase's offense has been inexcusably horrid and it's not getting better. If you're an offensive-minded coach, and your offense is this putrid? Then your seat needs to be hot. I think he's a smart guy, I like the way he can scheme up plays, but something is wrong there. Too stubborn to work an offense around what he's got on the roster? Or what the opposing defense has as a weakness?

I think we need more of that. I had high hopes for Gase but we can't win in the NFL in the offensive equivalent of a go-cart when other teams are playing with big-boy cars. Tannehill can not shoulder all the blame because there is plenty to go around.

No question man.

And with that being said how can any talk of fixing the offense not include #17.

That is the disturbing issue. We still hear people talking about Gase and The OLine and the skill players and wanna leave Ryan on the sidelines like he is just some pawn in all of this.

No dude, he has been here the longest on offense and any talk of changes need to have him in the discussion. That doesn’t mean he is all to blame but he certainly carries a large enough portion of the blame to be in the discussion of what to do to fix this offense.

No question man.

And with that being said how can any talk of fixing the offense not include #17.

That is the disturbing issue. We still hear people talking about Gase and The OLine and the skill players and wanna leave Ryan on the sidelines like he is just some pawn in all of this.

No dude, he has been here the longest on offense and any talk of changes need to have him in the discussion. That doesn’t mean he is all to blame but he certainly carries a large enough portion of the blame to be in the discussion of what to do to fix this offense.

100% - you can't ignore the one common denominator.

I think he's got a great arm but does more thinking than feeling out there. Simple stupid analysis, and could certainly broach the topic 10x deeper, but that's a simple breakdown of it as far as I'm concerned. And NOW his health is no longer reliable.

With that fact alone I think it's in the team's best interest to begin investing in other options, and doing it now would still be a year or two late. Going through a Cutler season last year should've been the wake-up call.

The Dolphins are at the complete center nowhere'sville on the map of relevance, and man, we're going to need some serious lightning to change that in the next year or two.

Buffalo is #1 in the NFL in passing yards allowed and #8 in passing TDs... I mean only 2 teams threw for more than a 150 yards against them in their last 7 games before the Fins... NE and the Colts at 156 yards...

It's almost worse for us when we play with a lead because then Gase goes full on predictable, running plays straight into the teeth of the defense and then trying to pass on third and long with a terrible offensive line and a receiving corps filled with one guy with legitimate NFL talent that Gase doesn't even like. We're not good enough to succeed playing predictably with the talent that Gases's machinations have left us with.

Yes the Dolphins won with our defensive turnovers being the biggest factors in the win, saying Tannehill clearly outplayed Allen was a reach.

I don't want to minimize the defense and the special teams contributions to the win.

We did not score on defense, nor did we score on special teams.

Somebody had to make the plays to score.

Yesterday it had to be Tannehill. He had no running attack and no pass protection.

I'm weird in that I think an efficient 14 of 19 for 135 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT that results in a win is a better performance than 150 yards rushing, 300 yards passing, 54.5% completion percentage, 2 TD, 2 INT that results in a loss (almost totally made up numbers to illustrate my point).

I don't want to minimize the defense and the special teams contributions to the win.

Yesterday it had to be Tannehill. He had no running attack and no pass protection.

I'm weird in that I think an efficient 14 of 19 for 135 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT that results in a win is a better performance than 150 yards rushing, 300 yards passing, 54.5% completion percentage, 2 TD, 2 INT that results in a loss (almost totally made up numbers to illustrate my point).

Tannehill was the better passer. Allen the better runner and more exciting

16-24 137 yards passing 3 tds 1 int while only completing 2-9 passes on 3rd down is not a good game, the biggest positive is that he went 3-3 in the red zone which was a factor in our win. Josh Allen made plays out of nothing yesterday, made NFL type of throws and created with feet despite being under pressure and having the worst WR group in the NFL, Allen ran for freakin 135 yards on 9 carries that's unheard. If Buffalo gets him some wrs and he becomes a more polished passer the Dolphins will have some problems.

16-24 137 yards passing 3 tds 1 int while only completing 2-9 passes on 3rd down is not a good game, the biggest positive is that he went 3-3 in the red zone which was a factor in our win. Josh Allen made plays out of nothing yesterday, made NFL type of throws and created with feet despite being under pressure and having the worst WR group in the NFL, Allen ran for freakin 135 yards on 9 carries that's unheard. If Buffalo gets him some wrs and he becomes a more polished passer the Dolphins will have some problems.
We can debate all day.

I appreciate the convo.

The running aspect of Allen will lessen over time (his survival and defenses adjusting), and his passing will not improve significantly. So I'm not as optimistic that the Bills have found their QB.

We can debate all day.

I appreciate the convo.

The running aspect of Allen will lessen over time (his survival and defenses adjusting), and his passing will not improve significantly. So I'm not as optimistic that the Bills have found their QB.

My pre draft report was that he would be a bust in NFL and was highly inaccurate, but I'm not ashamed to admit he was a playmaker yesterday that gave his team a fighting chance. I'm still not optimistic about him developing as a pure passer but that canon on his shoulder is a game changer.

Imagine that. An egotistical coach insists that executing the play that is called. Sounds a lot like something Billicheck would do. I bet you don't like him for the same reason.
Well I would normally let that go since you decided you know how I think but it’s is very very well known how Mr Blechick Is one of the most difficult coaches to game plan against, why????

1. He changes his offensive and defensive game plans based on who he is playing.

2. He is the absolute best coach ever at making in game adjustments which is why his teams come from behind so much. Ex. Super bowl vs ATL.

3. He is so flexible with making the required changes to give his team the best chance to win that he wIll start a guy who has been sitting on the bench the entire season vs playing the best player because it’s the better matchup.

Mr Belechick is the least egotistical coach when it comes to my way is the best way there is and his flexibility to adapt and change to give his team the best chance to win is unmatched in the NFL.

Next time your like to Read my Mind... I’d appreciate it if you gave one with some teeth, that’s just a terrible argument.

Buffalo is #1 in the NFL in passing yards allowed and #8 in passing TDs... I mean only 2 teams threw for more than a 150 yards against them in their last 7 games before the Fins... NE and the Colts at 156 yards...
Probably because teams were too busy running out the clock in second half with rushing the ball. They have been blown out a bunch of games this season.

Back
Top Bottom