Over-reaction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over-reaction

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
We should have drafted wilfork? Are you guys nuts, we got the player we needed and didn't pay all that much to get him. Every once-in a while a 4th rounder will be a star but not that often. We got a stud guard in Carey who will immediately start for offense. We don't have any holes in our starting lineups like these other teams who are reaching to try and plug holes. Name one position on the field that we need to fill other than o-line? We didn't need BPA, we need a proven Guard or tackle who could come in and start for us this year. Carey is a proven lineman, I mean the guy played at the highest level of competition at UM. When I first saw this trade-up I hated it but then I sat down and analyzed everything and I'm pretty happy with how this worked out for us.

exactly. wilfork is not a need. why draft a guy to be the 3rd or 4th DT when you can draft a guy to be a starter on the right side of the OL? I like the pick, and although i'm not crazy about the 4th rounder that was given up, we have no idea who was trying to trade up or what minn was going to do.

OVERVIEW
Huge player who is just starting to reach his vast potential as an offensive lineman … Can play guard or tackle, but appears to have found a home at left guard … Came to Miami as one of the most highly recruited players in the nation … Has tremendous size and strength and has the potential to develop into a devastating run blocker … His lower-body strength gives him good explosion off the ball … Has great leverage and flexibility … A leader by example, he led the team in key blocks (knockdowns/pancakes) the last two seasons.
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a huge, thick frame with a wide upper body, shoulders and chest, with big arms, hips, thighs and calves … Has the ability to dominate and simply engulfs the small defenders … Has excellent initial quickness for a player his size, getting off the ball to his reach spot, easily gaining position … Has great strength and leg drive to run through defenders and open rush lanes … Shuffles his feet well and does a fine job of protecting the inside … Quick-twitch type with the foot agility and hand usage to gain advantage coming out of his stance … Uses his hands effectively to gain inside position, showing the agility to mirror and adjust to his man … Generates good pop and explosion off the line, consistently maintaining contact on the defender … Easily gains position to sustain blocks … Above-average drive blocker with the ability to pin and steer the defender … Despite his size, he is functional with his speed and acceleration on pulls and traps, playing on his feet when working in space while showing nice balance … Shows good short area speed to adjust in space and be in position to cut or wall off his man … Very good to set, extend, punch and jab on the pass rusher … Gets good inside hand position to get solid pop on contact … Looks very comfortable in his kick slide, using his hand strength to lock out and replace with a strong punch … Has the lateral agility to sustain and finish blocks, showing the ability to slide and recover when changing direction … Plays with great leverage.

Miami Beats New England for Carey
April 24th, 2004
According to WQAM, the New England Patriots were offering their 4th round pick to move up to the number 19 slot. They were ready to select Vernon Carey had they moved up. The Miami Dolphins though offered their 4th round pick and the Vikings accepted because it was higher.

I Have Important News...

But Dont Know How To Post A New Thread!!!

Someone Help!!

DolFinatic718 said:
I Have Important News...

But Dont Know How To Post A New Thread!!!

Someone Help!!

click the new thread thingy in the upper right hand corner

midwest finfan, great post, well said. what would we do with a DT, can he play O-line, no! RS made the pick now lets see how it plays out.

Phishstix said:
click the new thread thingy in the upper right hand corner

tHANKS BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT THINGY YOUR TALKING ABOUT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS THINGY IS NEXT TO :roflmao:

DolFinatic718 to post go to the subject page( the one that lists all the post treads) You can scroll up on this page and click miami dolphins( just above the word shoutbox) click it. Then go to the top and to the right of the next page you will see "new thread" click there.

Back
Top Bottom