Overrated, Underrated....your Opinion? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated, Underrated....your Opinion?

Both Gaines and the Texas a & m kid are kind of one trick pony’s. That’s why I say specific roles in a rotation.

Saunders I think might have more meat on the bone.

Gains in there on run downs and short yardage stuff would be great...If we run this hybrid D...I think eh could h

Saunders seems to moving up quickly...Day 2 definitely and could go round 2.

I'll add in another underrated...Texas AM RB Treyveon Williams.

I'd have to say Jones is overrated. For a guy that doesn't even have a great arm you'd expect for him to be more accurate but for his career he was at 59.7% completion and they're talking going 6th to the giants? I just don't get that one.

I think McCoy might be a little underrated.

Just keep in mind they have the 17 pick. If they pass on qb I’d bet all the money in my wallet at 6 it’s dline. Either an edge we want or a dt. Could be Devin white also if he gets by Tampa at 5 cause their off ball lb level is always awful.

And I will keep saying if Haskins gets by 6 he’s gonna fall into where easily Miami could trade up for him. Should he be the guy they covet. Not saying he is but pick 9 from 13 is easy compensation wise.

Gains in there on run downs and short yardage stuff would be great...If we run this hybrid D...I think eh could h

Saunders seems to moving up quickly...Day 2 definitely and could go round 2.

I'll add in another underrated...Texas AM RB Treyveon Williams.

I like Williams also for overall game better than any one trait but that combine performance by the backs should be screaming to every team that you don’t need to touch this class til the mid rounds. 3rd thru 5th I expect plenty of value.

I like Williams also but that combine performance by the backs should be screaming to very time that you don’t need to touch this class til the mid rounds. 3rd thru 5th I expect plenty of value

That is where he should be available...I think taking any RB early is a wasted pick.

That is where he should be available...I think taking any RB early is a wasted pick.

I think tbe ga back next year is probably a top 10 pick even though he had an awful bowl game.

But maybe that’s just me I guess

I'm not a guru but I've seen Tillery get pushed back and man handle too many times.

Just keep in mind they have the 17 pick. If they pass on qb I’d bet all the money in my wallet at 6 it’s dline. Either an edge we want or a dt. Could be Devin white also if he gets by Tampa at 5 cause their off ball lb level is always awful.

And I will keep saying if Haskins gets by 6 he’s gonna fall into where easily Miami could trade up for him. Should he be the guy they covet. Not saying he is but pick 9 from 13 is easy compensation wise.
13 to 9 would cost either a 4 or a 3

I think tbe ga back next year is probably a top 10 pick even though he had an awful bowl game.

But maybe that’s just me I guess

I should have mentioned truly special talents. Obviously, players like Gurley. Barkley and Zeke are worth that first round grade and pick, but those players are pretty rare.

Swift is very good, I really like the Clemson RB and Taylor out of Wisconsin.

I'll also say that even though he's commonly rated in Round 2, the Virginia safety Juan Thornhill continues to be underrated. He should be a solid 1st round prospect. That he's not rated that way means he's very underrated. Fantastic player. Exactly what you're looking for to be a true standout at the position.

And for that matter let's toss in a defensive end Chase Winovich of Michigan. Yes he's being rated a solid Day 2 player and I appreciate that, but on film he's more. He's strong in every phase, instinctive, smart, very fast and agile, powerful with his hands, and just knows how to play the position and be an impact player on defense. Considering how overrated Brian Burns is, and considering some teams are privately taking issue with Montez Sweat's heard readouts, you would think that a guy like Winovich would get a little more 1st round love than he is.

I understood Winovich being underrated before the combine. After the numbers he put up at the combine I no longer get it. Production, performance, character, he’s got it all.

I understood Winovich being underrated before the combine. After the numbers he put up at the combine I no longer get it. Production, performance, character, he’s got it all.

Except for lateral agility, flexibility, and bend.

There is a lot there to like, but he is a straight line athlete and will struggle to the turn the corner as a rusher and I don't think he has the lateral ability to do some things at LB. Bend and flexibility being one of the most important things a pass rusher needs. Personally, going before mid 2nd round would be a gross overdraft.

6.94 three cone drill suggest otherwise. That’s better than Devin White, Nick Bosa, Josh Allen.

I know I won't change people minds, I'm only going by what I saw on the field.

People still think Gesicki is a great athlete when what he does on the field shows otherwise.

Honestly, I doubt anyone would care about Winovich if he wasn't a try hard white kid.

I just think it’s important to say that the Combine numbers didn’t come out of nowhere. He shows a massive amount of agility (to me) on tape, and good speed too. I never saw him as just a “try hard” guy. He was a guy whose physical gifts help put him in position to make a lot of plays, IMO. I think that just comes off as effort to some people when it’s really not.

I forgot to mention USC offensive tackle Chuma Edoga as continuing to be underrated. I see him ranked outside the Top 100 a lot and that’s just absurd. On tape he’s one of the very best offensive linemen of the class and then he went out and showed it at the Senior Bowl practices and games. He was impenetrable. I guess some look at his frame and say he’s a guard but frankly the Patriots took a guy in the 1st round one year ago who had similar tape and dimensions and they plan to make him their left tackle going forward. Omar Kelly recently hinted at Chuma having a “reputation” that scares Kelly, and I don’t know what that’s about as honestly I haven’t done a bit of research into Chuma’s character and history. That could be legit, I really don’t know. It would explain why he said so underrated. I just know the talent is excellent, the tape is excellent, and if I took him then I expect I would have an excellent right or even left tackle.

Back
Top Bottom