Overreaction Or Legit Concern | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overreaction Or Legit Concern

My concern is the defensive scheme. I know people here say, no plan was made for this game but I don't get that. If you don't practice your real defense against other teams in preseason, do we just hope and pray it works in game one?
If there's no plan, why not blitz more, take some chances since these are "Free games."
All I see and hear is Burke displaying an air of ****iness talking tough, telling players, "You're not going to like me." Blah blah. I'm unimpressed this game, last season, and the season before.
When you say " no plan was made for this game but I don't get that.", I believe you.

Joseph was 1/1 from 48 yards.

Hopefully he can get 2-3 tries next game.

it seems every year we hear that we need to wait cause it's only the first pre season game. Then the season starts and we hear it's just the first regular season game. And then by the 6 game of the year we start talking about the draft.....lol

We know that our DT's aren't very good. We're going to have to bring Jones up a lot and hope that the pass rush gets home and that our secondary holds up with the single safety. DE and secondary is the strength of this team so they're going to have to deliver.

Overreaction or Legit Concern:

Raekwon underwhelming? Overreaction, for now. I consider Raekwon a rookie still. The fact he made it through the game without injury is a move in the right direction. Last year he played one snap on special teams and was done for the season. He's still young (21?) so there's time. I was never high on him as a draft pick but if he can at least be a thumper and stop all these gashing runs against the defense then the team has made progress.

Parker invisible? Legit concern. I think the Parker we've seen, the one that shows flashes every now and again...I think that's all we're going to get. As deep as this position is it would be smart of the Dolphins to try and trade him for anything they can get. Cleveland traded their 1st round pick WR to Buffalo for a 7th round pick in return...Parker has more value than that. If someone offered me a 5th I think I'd pull the trigger. I think we'd be just as good with a corp of Amendola, Wilson, Stills, Ford and Jakeem Grant. Obviously not a lot of size in that group but then Parker hasn't played like a 6'3" WR either. He's played more like a 6'0" WR.

Kicking competition? Overreaction. Don't forget that Parkey kicked a few KOs out of bounds when he first got here too. Joseph kicked one out of bounds but he made his FG attempt from 48 yards and Sanders made his extra point attempt and went 2/3 on FGs with his one miss coming from 53 yards. That's not a bad debut. The battle is not over.

Secondary struggles? Legit concern. This was an issue last year with communication being the biggest problem. The longer this takes to sort out the CB opposite Howard the more worrisome I feel this will be. Dolphins never got the communication issue worked out last year. They hired a new DB coach and still the issues remain. Is it an intelligence issue? Is it a lack of ability issue? A combination of both? This one worries me.

Penalities? Gase's teams are highly penalized. Go back and look at the offenses he's run in the NFL. All of them rack up penalties. It is what it is. Just learn to live with it.

No pass rush? Major concern. We got no pass rush on a banged up Tampa Bay O-line. Secondary struggles contribute to the lack of pass rush. Teams know that this defense struggles with the short passing game because of the linebackers and bad communication issues. Until that's resolved all of these high draft picks and traded draft picks for players who make a living getting to the QB was done for nothing.

Interior DL? Not as concerned with this as I am with linebacker play. Seemed to me, from the little I got to see, that Tampa's O-line wasn't getting to the second level. DL was taking up the blockers at least, if they weren't getting the tackles. Where were the linebackers to clean up? I said this last year when we traded for Stephone Anthony but that dude has no instinct and/or he's dumb as rocks. If you watch Tampa's first rushing TD Anthony takes himself completely out of the play...he has no clue where the ball is and he left a huge gapping hole. This dude's another Phillip Wheeler.

We run a DL scheme that asks the DT’s to get up the field. IMHO they did that but that puts a lot of pressure on the LB’ers and DB’s. Better to play man than zone.

I think we would be better playing Allen/McMillian at SAM, Kiko/Anthony at MIKE, and Baker/McDonald (Polling?) at WILL. We need more talent in this group if we stay with similar scheme.

We need DE’s to perform. We need the offense to start with urgency.

So yes, there is reason for concern but I think there is also reason for hope. Just question if some are in best position to succeed.

If it was only one game, it would be an overreaction. If we were the Pats or Steelers, it would not be a concern. It's not and we're not. This is the same pattern that we have seen for years. Just enough to tease you to make you think they will be good, but ultimately ending in disappointment. Interestingly, the best players last night have spent the least amount of time with our team.

If it was only one game, it would be an overreaction. If we were the Pats or Steelers, it would not be a concern. It's not and we're not. This is the same pattern that we have seen for years. Just enough to tease you to make you think they will be good, but ultimately ending in disappointment. Interestingly, the best players last night have spent the least amount of time with our team.
It was a total of 10-20 snaps for most of our starters bro...

Back
Top Bottom