Overreaction Or Legit Concern | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overreaction Or Legit Concern

Maybe a bit of both, usually the cycle is, well it's just minicamp, well it's just the 1st pre season game, well it's jus the 4th preseason game, well it's just game one of the season, well we might still make the playoffs if, well we had some injuries-things didn't go our way, well there's always next year after Brady regresses.
LOL! So true.

It was a total of 10-20 snaps for most of our starters bro...

Was it even that much? I think some starters saw one series and other saw two series and we mixed in some 2’s and 3’s. Anything written on here about being concerned with the limited number of plays each player got is over reacting. Maybe the D Line But that was a mix match of guys too. Let’s give them till “exibition game 3” to worry about any position group.

I saw a lot of encouraging things out on the field. For the most part Gase just keeps it real simple, he seems to be more concerned with executing the plays and situational football rather than worrying about winning. That’s the way games 1,2 and 4 should be played. To see how these guys work in the system. Oh and by the way we should cut Caroo now so the guys fighting for 5 and 6 WR can get more snaps. Time to throw in the towel in that guy.

Raekwon isn't all the way back yet. It's not necessarily a concern for him - yet. That's to be determined. However, is it a concern for Miami in terms of how they compensate in the meantime? Most likely.

I had Parker as my top Senior WR for the entire 2014 college football season. I ended up moving him to #2 behind Kevin White in the final days leading up to the draft. In other words, I thought highly of Devante Parker. I just don't think he's going to pan out. I don't think he loves football. He's ok. I don't believe he has greatness within him. He doesn't want it. You've got to want it more than everybody else. Not just have more talent.

I don't know why Miami can't decide on a kicker. They just keep rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Secondary is going to work itself out some. If injury or two hits, that's another story.

Penalties are a concern. That's coaching. Period.

No pass rush is legitimate. The only pass rusher Miami has that warrants any confidence is Wake, and he's old.

Interior of the DLine is the same story as secondary in my opinion.

I disagree with you about penalties being solely on the coaching. These are grown men getting paid to play a childs game, they are professionals!

I want to know what kind of jobs the people have That are saying it’s all on Gase about the penalties. What can he do other than not play them. Witch if there a starter hurts the rest of the team.These are professionals that for the most part have been playing this game for over half there life. I’ve done my job over half my life, and if I make a mistake it’s totally on me not my boss.

This is one of the least talented rosters in the NFL top to bottom. That’s not an overreaction. That’s just reality.
Disagree and if so 3 years ago when we went 10 6 we then would have been the worst in years. Sure we have no super stars yet this year and we had a couple in 2016 but nothing else.
Kickers we are ok so far lets not panic
Recievers good shape if they stay healthy
Tight end lots of potential
Offense line solid
Running backs see recievers
QB see recievers
DE potential out the ying yang wheres the production
DT stiil need a 4th starter, Spence not there yet
LB hum we have Baker, Kiko if he can play like he did in 2016, everyone else is a mystery.
CB loaded with talent and depth so lets see it on the field.
Safty best we have had for awhile
Offensive coaching good
Defensive coaching not sold yet needs help.

Seeing alot of panic on the forum from one preseason game. One where two of our defenders didn't suit up and our one's played a few series.

Overreaction or Legit Concern:

Raekwon underwhelming?

Parker invisible?

Kicking competition?

Secondary struggles?

Penalities?

No pass rush?

Interior DL?

Weigh in... I'll be back with my takes
Those are all legit concerns. I have been saying pass rush has been a problem for years. Pass rush is the biggest concern for me you can’t stop drives without it.

You can measure against other teams and what they look like in their opening games, some did not play their starting quarterbacks at all. You see teams putting up points and this team has the same problem that plagued us last year. The effort is just not there to put points on the board. Maybe it’s the coaching culture here to let that little detail slide, but that’s not going to sell tickets. Somebody needs to step up and make some plays, and his name is Ryan.

Totally disagree. We have a lot more depth with the good players drafted and free agents like Gore, Amendola, Quinn, Sitton, etc joining the team. Provided Tannehill stays healthy, this is our best chance to make the playoffs in many years. I am looking forward to the season because I expect the team to surprise many. Gase has put his stamp on the roster - who he wants and who he doesn't.

He's not even worth replying to man.

durr.gif

I think as we go through this preseason Phiilps and Taylor might flip the script..
Iv been saying that all offseason. Taylor is very good agains the run and that's where the weakness is going to be on D

You can measure against other teams and what they look like in their opening games, some did not play their starting quarterbacks at all. You see teams putting up points and this team has the same problem that plagued us last year. The effort is just not there to put points on the board. Maybe it’s the coaching culture here to let that little detail slide, but that’s not going to sell tickets. Somebody needs to step up and make some plays, and his name is Ryan.

Dude, ask yourself honestly; how the hell do you draw that conclusion off of 10 OFFENSIVE PLAYS from the starters?

It's not logical at all.

Depth means nothing compared to superb players. That's what we lack. Sons of Shula mockingly asked the proper question last season, "Will we ever find a First Team All Pro? Why is that so impossible for this franchise?"

Paraphrased but close enough.

Minus elite players we ping pong in mostly meaningless fashion between upper Crowd and lower Crowd. I'm sick of it because it was not promised that way in my youth when the Dolphins found great players year after year and via different methods. Everyone in town assumed it would always remain that way. But nowadays we try to pretend with guys like Reshad Jones.

It's freaking game one of the preseason. We didn't start many vets. They played there first O virtually the whole first half. You can start panicking after preseason game 3 if they look poor, but until then, this is absolutely fin heaven at it best! Lots of ridiculous overreaction.

Back
Top Bottom