Overreaction Or Legit Concern | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overreaction Or Legit Concern

It was objectively bad last season and we lost one of the best defensive players in football and we are mostly relying on the addition of guys who have never played an NFL game to give the defense a boost. With all due respect, I absolutely think there is a good chance the defense will be bad again this season.

I think you need to stop that! Immediately.

It makes too much sense.

Our (my yammie dolphin) proven track record proves we will be great regardless of the questions, concerns, or

otherwise perspectives rooted in reality. I mean, what is reality nowadays? It's worthless.

Bottom line. We're undefeated (of course the game we just played doesn't count because...its meaningless).

Overreaction or Legit Concern:

Parker invisible? Legit concern. I think the Parker we've seen, the one that shows flashes every now and again...I think that's all we're going to get. As deep as this position is it would be smart of the Dolphins to try and trade him for anything they can get. Cleveland traded their 1st round pick WR to Buffalo for a 7th round pick in return...Parker has more value than that. If someone offered me a 5th I think I'd pull the trigger. I think we'd be just as good with a corp of Amendola, Wilson, Stills, Ford and Jakeem Grant. Obviously not a lot of size in that group but then Parker hasn't played like a 6'3" WR either. He's played more like a 6'0" WR.

Spot on for Parker. I also agree he's a great trade candidate. Some team could get a one year look before making a decision. I'd prefer a 5th or 6th. But anything would be a win.

And I think the main reason we can move on from Parker is Gesicki. He fills the 50/50 jump ball role and does it in the middle of the field and red zone. With that addressed, Parker has no real niche.

I think Carroo is done. Doesn't make the 53.

Owusu (my sleeper) and Ford make it. Owusu gives you another big body and seems to not give up.

Stills, Grant, Amendola, Wilson, Ford and Owusu.

It will be interesting to see how different positions may be competing for a single roster spot. Extra RB, TE or WR?

I think you need to stop that! Immediately.

It makes too much sense.

Our (my yammie dolphin) proven track record proves we will be great regardless of the questions, concerns, or

otherwise perspectives rooted in reality. I mean, what is reality nowadays? It's worthless.

Bottom line. We're undefeated (of course the game we just played doesn't count because...its meaningless).
You finally see it my way. Thanks ;)

Overreaction after 1 preseason game no doubt

for sure. because we have the pedigree of teams like the pats, steelers, eagles and falcons. fact is, we still suck. adam gase and ryan tannehill arent gonna fix that. one more season of futility and we can move on to our next era of hope.

for sure. because we have the pedigree of teams like the pats, steelers, eagles and falcons. fact is, we still suck. adam gase and ryan tannehill arent gonna fix that. one more season of futility and we can move on to our next era of hope.
You don't seem to know the difference between a fact and an opinion. Your opinion has not been proven a fact since the 2018 season hasn't been played yet.

lol

Overreaction. Miamis giving away a lot in this game by the coverage played.

I’m more concerned about the lb level than anything else. Particularly what miamis gonna pair with Kiko and raekwon.

Given the certified underwhelming performance of this team over the past umpteen years (excluding a minor lucky blip called 2016) I tend to believe everything is a concern until proven otherwise. And I'll start with the HC and move down...

Gase has a LOT to prove in terms of producing a consistent winning product on the field. I tend to get the impression he's better at his pressers than what he's achieving on the field. And that's the core point -- its all about the product on the field -- not the hype or supposed "brilliance" behind the design. Gase needs to SHOW us an efficient, effective, disciplined O that tends to score early and often. Until that's been proven, Gase is a concern in my view.

We all know the deal with Ryan. I want to believe but there are definite unprovens and therefore legit concerns. Bottom line -- its based on production and points on the board. I just don't see Thill ever being capable of consistently executing an O that lights up the scoreboard. His brand (regretfully) trends towards sporadic -- lacking consistency and execution at crucial times. Sure. I hope he proves to be a pinball wizard with the scoreboard. But...

Matt Burke. Other than being a sarcastic rascal and extreme vacationer -- what has he proven as an N F L DC? Kind of reminds me of Gase in the sense I get the feeling Burke talks a better game than he actually produces. Another unproven that has to be a concern.

Last, considering the team has so many other unprovens and/or concerns its highly doubtful we're going to turn the corner on every one of them this season. And I'm OK with that. But its has to start at the TOP. Gase has to prove he can create a disciplined TEAM -- and especially an O that scores early and often. He's touted as an offensive guru ("brilliant") and the team has a lot of pieces he hand picked.

So get the job done.

Or get outta town!

Quality post, agree with 90% of this

Okay then.

I remember in Lazors second year the offense moves right down the field for a TD in their first possession of the first preseason game. Philbin and Lazor were both gone after that season. Yeah.

I'm not surprised the defense struggled. Any time you sit your top 3 DE's, there will be issues. Without Wake, Quinn and Hayes, who are you going to double team on the line? The offense can just pick and choose what they want to do. Also missing your best run stuffing safety....

I still have concerns about the defensive interior but I need to see more.

I did notice Minkah frozen (deer in the headlights) on the TD run. He just sort of sat there and watched the guy run it right by him into the end zone. He will get better though...not to worried about him.

I'm not surprised the defense struggled. Any time you sit your top 3 DE's, there will be issues. Without Wake, Quinn and Hayes, who are you going to double team on the line? The offense can just pick and choose what they want to do. Also missing your best run stuffing safety....

I still have concerns about the defensive interior but I need to see more.

I did notice Minkah frozen (deer in the headlights) on the TD run. He just sort of sat there and watched the guy run it right by him into the end zone. He will get better though...not to worried about him.

You think that was minkahs gap? I kinda wondered about that but I think Anthony just ran himself right out of the play. You don’t see lbs scrape down for safeties on goalline.

Or really anywhere.

You think that was minkahs gap? I kinda wondered about that but I think Anthony just ran himself right out of the play. You don’t see lbs scrape down for safeties on goalline.

Or really anywhere.

I'm not sure but the running back committed and took about three steps into the c gap. LBers were washed out and he looked like he hesitated after taking a step to the outside. He may have been trying to compensate for the LB as you said.

Or really anywhere.

Just read (ESPN - Cameron Wolfe) where Matt Burke admitted it was Minkah's fault on the play in question. He said the Dolphins don't often see two back sets but on the next series they saw the same run and Minkah stuffed the RB for only a 2 yard gain.

Just read (ESPN - Cameron Wolfe) where Matt Burke admitted it was Minkah's fault on the play in question. He said the Dolphins don't often see two back sets but on the next series they saw the same run and Minkah stuffed the RB for only a 2 yard gain.

Yeah I saw that and I agree there was some hesitation there. But I’d still like to know why Anthony scraped down inside there unless he was just washed inside post snap in which case good grief.

I dont recall Anthony’s man lining up on his outside shoulder

Back
Top Bottom