Overtaking Buffalo, the Next Step in Miami's Progression | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overtaking Buffalo, the Next Step in Miami's Progression

The 2020 season was one of the more fun seasons to watch and experience, as a fan. In large part because of the unexpected but welcomed winning season. For me, the fun came from all the turnovers and defensive TD's, Miami was able to generate. It was also fun watching some of those big plays the special teams unit were able to make.

All of this happened after an 0-2 start, where the defense gave up 1000 yards of offense.

But inorder to take the next step, Miami needs to dominate their Division Rivals by consistently beating them. Buffalo has owned Miami the last few years and New England is always an adventure when Miami plays them. Especially in Foxboro. Once they start consistently finishing with 4 or 5 wins in the division they'll stand a chance of being a 10 or 11 win team, every year. And it starts and finishes with the Bills. Gotta find a way to stop Josh Allen. If Miami doesn't figure them out, they'll be nothing but 2nd fiddle.

Andy Reid is like 31-5 vs the rest of the AFC West since he took over. And the losses were mostly fluky or end of the year with nothing to play for. If you own your division you pretty much write your own ticket every year.

New England Patriots are making a run , they’re getting all players that opted out back, signed a **** load of good players and bill is still the coach. AFC east will be a very tough division.

Are these players that good? As long as Cam is their starting QB, they are playing for 3rd place.

I'll be pretty surprised if Buffalo and Josh Allen look as good this year as they did last year. Allen had I think it was 21 dropped picks, that's incredibly lucky. Luck like that doesn't usually strike twice for the same team in the NFL.

I’ve said it before. It’s not luck. When you throw that fastball DB’s will not catch it unless it’s deflected. Velocity matters.

To me, you have to stop Josh Allen. We can get pressure, but he's got wheels that we can't contain once he gets flushed. Then he can hold the ball longer resulting in inevitable breakdowns in coverage.

You have to keep it out of his hands as much as possible. This draft can fill that need AND still get offensive talent. I think they do that best by prioritizing defensive needs first.

The first thing we need to do is draft some playmakers on offense or we'll never be able to win the division. We have a great chance this year with a draft loaded with weapons on offense and we have the picks to do it. Don't get cute for once and draft playmakers!!

NE isn’t recapturing their glory years without a better QB. And they’re not in good shape to get one. However, their personnel is clearly improved which makes them a tougher out. And Miami needs all the wins it can get.

There's really no way to build a defense that consistently stops the best NFL offenses from scoring anymore... trying to build one is a waste of your time. Dont build a team to try and stop them, build one that'll make them try and stop you.

Back
Top Bottom