Owusu pro day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owusu pro day

Grier is the gm in this team. And yes he has input from flores. We dont really know if these players are their type or not. We happen to have cook, and we need a pass rusher. If it comes to rousseu and owusu it would be something more of what we see in these players. We need someone at edge.
I'd take Collins over both of them right now.

Wouldn't he be a duplicate of Jerome Baker in our scheme?
That's really the question. I read a scouting report that had a comp of Adams, the former Jets safety.

You can move him around, and he's one of the best hybrid cover guys, but have to question fit.

We talk about the importance of mis-matches/skill guys on offense, the same should be wanted/needed on defense. J-OK could easily be a great pick at #18.
I want him at 18 but there's a lot of hype now so he'll probably go earlier. This is the type of guy you need against Allen and Mahomes. Fast, can cover and run sideline to sideline. Oh yeah, he's a violent hitter too.

I REALLY want to upgrade McCain of Rowe in our scheme. I want more plays from those positions.
I wonder if Flores would use him mostly at safety. He is one of the more explosive defensive players in the draft.

Very much opposed to Koramoah.

He isn't a safety... he's a weak-side coverage linebacker. He's Jerome Baker.

So... unless we've already made up our minds to jettison Baker after this season, no. And even then, I think this player will go at least one round earlier than I'd select a coverage linebacker.

My biggest concern with drafting him is we already have Jerome Baker and Brandon Jones who can play that nickel backer/Safety Hybrid role. JOK could be much better than both of them but I’m not drafting a sub package player at a non premium position that high in the draft, when we have a major need at Edge, we need a starting RB and Center

Before you say he isnt a flo type of linebacker (wtf is a flo type of etc anyways), or he is too small for a linebacker do realize he is one of the best prospects in this draft. He has speed, very smart, and a very high motor. Yes he lacks weight for a linebacker but he isn't the only starting player in the nfl that lacks weight at linebacker. And maybe he could play strong safety but that isnt the position he is expected to play that is a common thing "draft experts" love to say because they can't make sense about his true strengths.

If he is there at pick 18 he would be a very good playmaker for us in defense.

I’ve been propping him all along. He was in my original mock at 18 and still is. Think he’s a perfect Flo player, a chess piece, played like 5 different positions on D.

My biggest concern with drafting him is we already have Jerome Baker and Brandon Jones who can play that nickel backer/Safety Hybrid role. JOK could be much better than both of them but I’m not drafting a sub package player at a non premium position that high in the draft, when we have a major need at Edge, we need a starting RB and Center
He’s nothing like those guys

Very much opposed to Koramoah.

He isn't a safety... he's a weak-side coverage linebacker. He's Jerome Baker.

So... unless we've already made up our minds to jettison Baker after this season, no. And even then, I think this player will go at least one round earlier than I'd select a coverage linebacker.
Not correct. He’s nothing like JB. The dude played safety, slot corner, ILB, OLB and some CB for the Irish. Baker could never play in the secondary. Ever

Before you say he isnt a flo type of linebacker (wtf is a flo type of etc anyways), or he is too small for a linebacker do realize he is one of the best prospects in this draft. He has speed, very smart, and a very high motor. Yes he lacks weight for a linebacker but he isn't the only starting player in the nfl that lacks weight at linebacker. And maybe he could play strong safety but that isnt the position he is expected to play that is a common thing "draft experts" love to say because they can't make sense about his true strengths.

If he is there at pick 18 he would be a very good playmaker for us in defense.

I think at this point it’s safe to say that Flores and company do a good job of putting players on defense in a position to make plays. If they got this guy I have no doubt they’d find ways to utilize his abilities on all three downs.

I prefer Collins at 18...but I can wait for Baron Browning with our 3rd round pick. He will probably give us the same production with similar versatility.

Back
Top Bottom