Owusu pro day | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owusu pro day

I
Add the bigger point that his primary position is wslb, and we have one already. He's 25.
The reason we no longer have Fitzpatrick on our roster is because he whined about playing numerous positions on the defense so we traded him. This kid has the same ability and skillset to play multiple positions on the defense, which is why he’s an excellent option and an ideal Flo type player. Go watch his interview from his pro day. IMO he’s a definite option at 18. This kid is way more versatile than Baker, who cannot play multiple positions on the D.

I

The reason we no longer have Fitzpatrick on our roster is because he whined about playing numerous positions on the defense so we traded him. This kid has the same ability and skillset to play multiple positions on the defense, which is why he’s an excellent option and an ideal Flo type player. Go watch his interview from his pro day. IMO he’s a definite option at 18. This kid is way more versatile than Baker, who cannot play multiple positions on the D.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... I would never move a small linebacker to safety, you give up too much in coverage. I'll go the other way because many safeties do run and chase, as well as blitz.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree... I would never move a small linebacker to safety, you give up too much in coverage. I'll go the other way because many safeties do run and chase, as well as blitz.
He runs and covers like a CB, hits like a S and LB and can rush the QB like an OLB. Watch his Pro day. Ridiculous athlete

Very much opposed to Koramoah.

He isn't a safety... he's a weak-side coverage linebacker. He's Jerome Baker.

So... unless we've already made up our minds to jettison Baker after this season, no. And even then, I think this player will go at least one round earlier than I'd select a coverage linebacker.
I get that...but imo, he's better than Baker. His film is one of the most "wow-popping" you'll see. His instincts are off the charts. And he can cover. In the "amoeba Zero" we often run...he would be crazy good.

Or not!😂

I get that...but imo, he's better than Baker. His film is one of the most "wow-popping" you'll see. His instincts are off the charts. And he can cover. In the "amoeba Zero" we often run...he would be crazy good.

Or not!😂
This is one of those positional importantance arguments.
I dont think that a wslb is worth a pick in the first round, even a very good one... and when you already have a pretty good player at that position, I just dont think you gain much.

Koramoah and Smith, in my mind, are the two most overrated players in the first round of most mocks... and I've seen mocks where we take them both.

I just dont see a guy like Flo taking two undersized players, but I'll guess we'll see.

So he's a smaller Isaiah Simmons?
That's the comparison I hear the most. I think he's actually a better tackler than Simmons, but not as good all around. I think he'd really help us on Defense but don't want him at 18. Trade back from 18 and grab him, or at 36 would be great value.

The league is finally catching up to college. There are some good college defenses who play two real LB and a hybrid S/LB, sometimes called a husky. It’s nominally a 4-2-5, but that fifth spot is not a nickel, it is that husky. With offenses spread out, there being so many good weapons on every team, and rules helping the offense, it makes sense to have more speed even if you sacrifice some thump in the front seven. Of course, if someone is just pounding the rock against you, maybe you play a more conventional set.

Having said all that, I feel like we need an edge more right now. But you can’t force it Early in the draft. That’s how you get Charles Harris. It’s like buying a house at the top of the draft. Don’t force a need for a flawed guy. Collect good football players and you will profit. Much like a player on the field, do not beat yourself. Flyers are for day 3.

Agree. I really like the TCU version of the 4-2-5. Sometimes, it can be a 4-4. My ideal version of the phins D would be a hybrid of Pete Carroll's & Gary Patterson's scheme

As you mentioned, the 5th player is typically not another CB. You could rotate that spot between a 3rd CB, a third safety, A CB/S hybrid (T Mathieu), or LB/S hybrid

That said, I recall Belichick consulting w/ Patterson on the aforementioned scheme and believe Flo was on the pats staff at the time

Further, I recall early in the Pats run that Don Davis got a lot of playing time. He was described (By J Madden) as a Safety wearing #50 which I think dispels Bill or Flores having an ironclad type.

He’s nothing like those guys
But he would play a similar role in our defense. Sub package coverage LB/S hybrid (Like Brandon Jones) with Blitzing ability (Like Jerome Baker). JOK could potentially be a hybrid of both those guys. But my concern with drafting him is he’s a sub package player and I don’t know if it would be a significant upgrade over letting those guys share those responsibilities. Especially when we have other pressing needs and I don’t think JOK would be BPA at 18.

J
But he would play a similar role in our defense. Sub package coverage LB/S hybrid (Like Brandon Jones) with Blitzing ability (Like Jerome Baker). JOK could potentially be a hybrid of both those guys. But my concern with drafting him is he’s a sub package player and I don’t know if it would be a significant upgrade over letting those guys share those responsibilities. Especially when we have other pressing needs and I don’t think JOK would be BPA at 18.
I like him very much but he isn’t at the biggest position of need, pass rusher. I really really like Azeez Ojulari, UGA

This is one of those positional importantance arguments.
I dont think that a wslb is worth a pick in the first round, even a very good one... and when you already have a pretty good player at that position, I just dont think you gain much.

Koramoah and Smith, in my mind, are the two most overrated players in the first round of most mocks... and I've seen mocks where we take them both.

I just dont see a guy like Flo taking two undersized players, but I'll guess we'll see.
Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom