P. Manning or L. Tomlinson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

P. Manning or L. Tomlinson?

UF Fin Kat said:
the chargers didn't start winning until they got good QB play.

i'll take manning.

This is pretty much the arguement for me. Look at our team, we had Ricky running all over people and it didnt mean squat when the defense didnt play up to par and we had a terrible Qb. Manning can take a team with a mediocre running game and no defense to the playoffs. Put LT on a team with no defense and a mediocre passing game and theyd struggle to hit .500. I love LT so I dont want this to sound like I think hes overrated, hes probaly the best RB Ive seen in the last 10 years, but Manning is up there with any Qb in history to me, hes that good.

finfansince72 said:
This is pretty much the arguement for me. Look at our team, we had Ricky running all over people and it didnt mean squat when the defense didnt play up to par and we had a terrible Qb. Manning can take a team with a mediocre running game and no defense to the playoffs. Put LT on a team with no defense and a mediocre passing game and theyd struggle to hit .500. I love LT so I dont want this to sound like I think hes overrated, hes probaly the best RB Ive seen in the last 10 years, but Manning is up there with any Qb in history to me, hes that good.

nicely put

Do you guys remember how BAD San Diego's offense was for the first years LT was there?

Don't ever say he was a product of the line.

SpurzN703 said:
Give me Manning. Put LT behind an OL like Houston's or Oakland's and we'll see how great he is

Look at his o-line the first 3-4 years in this league--they were worse than Houston and oaklands.

Back
Top Bottom