Pace's agent wants trade/Douglas signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pace's agent wants trade/Douglas signed

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Days after nabbing LB Mike Peterson, the Jaguars continue to bolster their defense by signing All-Pro DE Hugh Douglas to a five-year deal. The ex-Eagles lineman finished 2002 with 12½ sacks. "I'm excited, this is a young up-and-coming defense," Douglas said.
------------------------------
The agent for Orlando Pace has asked the Rams for a trade, saying the team refuses to negotiate with the Pro Bowl offensive tackle. "We'd like to see a trade happen," agent Carl Poston told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in a story posted March 14 on the newspaper's Web site. "And the only reason we're doing that is that the Rams are not negotiating. "They refuse to. I don't know why. If they're not going to pay him, then we'd just like him to be able to go somewhere else, where he can be paid." Because Pace was not signed by the end of the day March 14, the Rams lost the right to use the franchise tag again for the length of any contract signed by him before July 15. Poston said his phone calls to the Rams on March 14 went unanswered. But team president John Shaw, reached in Los Angeles by the newspaper, called Poston's accusation "crazy." Pace's agent has ought an $85 million contract, with a signing bonus of $23.8 million.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look how much money Pace wants.

Poston had sought an $85 million contract, with a signing bonus of $23.8 million, for Pace. That's roughly twice what the Rams are willing to pay over a seven-year contract.

You also have to give up 1-2 first rounders to even get him :lol:

Even if we traded for him, how would we pay him? That is an insanely high amount of money. There is NO WAY we can pay him that, it would be hard to pay him half of what he wants.

Then ontop of that we have to go out and sign another impact linebacker to take Zachs spot... thats not going to happen.

I am suprised. I thought Douglass would resign with Philly.

I like this offseason. Alot of moves and alot of great players changing teams

Back
Top Bottom