Pack / Phinz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pack / Phinz

Favre4MVP

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let me be the next Packer fan to drop in and say Hey. We've got 2 weeks here before the game, so let's talk some football. No smack, just football. Should be a good game, with two of the top teams in the NFL going at it in Lambeau Field.

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
Let me be the next Packer fan to drop in and say Hey. We've got 2 weeks here before the game, so let's talk some football. No smack, just football. Should be a good game, with two of the top teams in the NFL going at it in Lambeau Field.
I am totally pumped after the humiliation of losing at home to the Bills last week. It would have been a tough game w/Jay out there; and it will be a real tough game w/o Jay. Obviously, the Fins D will have to huge to counter Favre and Green and Ricky will have to run hard like he did ag NE to eat clock on keep GB's O on the sidelines.

I agree that the best way to beat the Packers is to keep Favre and Green off the field. Teams have had a tough time doing that this year though. The Packers D leads the NFL in takeaways. (23 or 24). When Brett and Ahman do get on the field though, they've been putting up the points. Favre has 14 TDs and only 3 INTs.

Favre has 14 TDs and only 3 INTs.
Hopefully we can change that ratio...

But if they keep the Packers under 28 or so at home on Monday night, that will be a feat in itself.
We held the mighty Bills Ofense to 23.. and we gift wrapped the ball 6 times for them..

I think the D can hold up early... but if the Lucas and the O don't get anything goin the D will begin to get tired and it could get ugly.. Hopefully Lucas will bounce back, get some points on the board and we can let Ricky and the D do thier thing.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

Hopefully we can change that ratio...

We held the mighty Bills Ofense to 23.. and we gift wrapped the ball 6 times for them..

I think the D can hold up early... but if the Lucas and the O don't get anything goin the D will begin to get tired and it could get ugly.. Hopefully Lucas will bounce back, get some points on the board and we can let Ricky and the D do thier thing.

Going to be hard to change our D TO ratio. They have been improving with every game.

Do I think Lucas can bounce back enough to beat the Pack? Not really. If the game was in Miami then I might say he would have a better chance, being at home and playing in temps that he is more accustomed to.

Big Gil is playing exceptionally well and will command double team coverage, and Hunt/KGB are putting some serious pressure on the QB. Enough to disrupt the QBs timing. Should be interesting to see how many yards Williams racks up in this game.

All of this aside. After the game against the Pack, I seriously hope the Fins continue to increase the gap between you and the Pats. And good luck to the Fins when you play up here against the Pats. I for one will be cheering for you to win.

I was talking about Farve's td/int ratio.. .that's what I would like ot change... you know a few Picks here and there...
I agree this is not a good place for Lucas to try and bounce back.. but if he can somehow put a mistake free game together, it will really boost his confidence.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I was talking about Farve's td/int ratio.. .that's what I would like ot change... you know a few Picks here and there...

Gotcha.

I guess the key to changing the ratio would be to force Favre to throw into double coverage or make him throw quicker than he wants to.

This season Favre has more targets and appears to be more patient and not forcing the ball. Which makes us Pack fans very happy (Probably makes Sherman happy as well)

Should be interesting to see if Lucas plays this weekend, given his bruised hip. Who would back up Lucas in the event he could not play?

I think after the Bills game and with 2 weeks to prepare Lucas will be protected from self destructing.

It will be Ricky left, Ricky right and Ricky up the middle.

Packers run Defense has been shakey.

I don't know what to think about Cris Carter, other than I'm glad he is not on my team! ;)

I think the Dolphin DB's will have success against GB's wideouts... the only area that I see a bad mismatch when our D is on the field is Green and Franks against our OLB's. If Green can hit the corners on his runs it'll be a long day for our D. Favre will find himself hardpressed to keep the ball away from Miami if they don't establish the run game as he will have to march down the field with little 5-6 yard passes the entire way. Unfortunately Favre is capable of doing it, but even Brett makes mistakes if you force him to throw enough. *crossing fingers*

The last couple of games Favre has pretty much kept it to short passes and running. Not so sure he would change that now, but if he sees an opening down field (and all of our WRs are quite capable of getting free) he will take the shot.

The only match up I really like is our pass rush vrs your o-line. Miami has had 12 sacks in the past 3 games, and from I understand your o-line isn't an elite group. Add to that Frave will be a bit hobbled. Aren't your DBs banged up as well? Green and Farve obviously scare me though.

I have to disagre that playing in Greenbay is a negative for Lucas. Going out of town may help him forget his horrible day on sunday, and I doubt the Miami fans would have been to cordial to him if this was a home game.

Dajesus, the fins would be very foolish to assume that the Packs D is too banged up to be a problem for them. While its true our D line has been plagued by injuries, those filling in for them have far exceeded what was expected.

Plus with the exception of 2 players, the Pack expect everyone to be up and running by game time.

Originally posted by Squirrel
Dajesus, the fins would be very foolish to assume that the Packs D is too banged up to be a problem for them. While its true our D line has been plagued by injuries, those filling in for them have far exceeded what was expected.

Plus with the exception of 2 players, the Pack expect everyone to be up and running by game time.

this is one thing that has me perplexed. that GB's defense has been stout without key guys.
here is what i think about the game though. chris carter will give ray lucas some confidence. the packer fans will give him a differnet look on things as far as humility and letting the game come to him instead of him trying to do too much. i dont think that it will be ricky ricky ricky all day as much as everyoen would like to believe. norv turner has not really used ricky as much as he should. the pats and lions game were the only ones where he did really. i see Carter as a huge difference in this game. he knows the pack. Farve is banged up regaurdless. if taylor has a huge game, favre could be in trouble. But he has been phenomenal so who knows? i think the Pack will pull this one out in the end. it will be a tight game though. i think ricky and ahman will be the center thought on this. Two teams that dont know each other very well. the x factor is GB will pressure Lucas as buffalo did. that is why CC2 needs to come through for Miami.

Originally posted by Squirrel
The last couple of games Favre has pretty much kept it to short passes and running. Not so sure he would change that now, but if he sees an opening down field (and all of our WRs are quite capable of getting free) he will take the shot.

I think Farve will keep it close to the vest cus of his injury and miami's DB's. they will seek to come up with 2 or 3 key pass plays to win the game but mostly will use ahman and TE's in short passes.

Back
Top Bottom