Packers getting Healthy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packers getting Healthy

Hi, I'm another Times Four poster moseying into this forum - so hello to everyone.

Like every other Packer fan, I was very concerned when he was injured on Sunday, and relieved when his injury wasn't as serious as it first appeared. Will I be sad to see him retire, when he does? You bet I will, just as you were when Marino did. Great quarterbacks are such a rarity.

I'm looking forward to a great game between our teams - plus I get two whole weeks to talk schmack with my Fins fan Rudy!

Re: Re: Can I just vent?

Originally posted by MGD

I understand your point and I don't necessarily disagree. Like someone else mentioned, the game will go on when he's done. I think part of the reason that you're seeing this though is that there is no clear successor to Favre when he's gone.

Over the past couple decades you've always had those clear standout QB's that kept the focus as great players. You had Montana, Elway, Young, Aikman, Marino and others all playing in overlapping eras. Right now no one is established as a QB who'll keep that tradition going. I think right now, other than Favre, there is no clear standout.

Warner could potentially establish himself if he gets healthy and his success continues. McNabb has a chance if he can achieve consistency in the Philadelphia system. There are other young guys who have a chance, Michael Vick is one that comes to mind. The biggest problem is I don't think any other QB has been consistently good over long enough a stretch to emerge as the next great QB.

Just my thoughts.

Manning just needs a few tools around him. Take him out and the Colts wouldn't have won 3 games a year for the last 3 years.

Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James aren't enough? Favre has never had a receiver of Harrison's caliber and he's done plenty. Yes, you need a good supporting cast, but the great QBs have a way of elevating the play of those around them. It would be scary to see the kind of numbers Favre would put up with Harrison as his receiver.

With a defense as pitiful as the Colts? I'm not putting Manning in Favres league, but if you asked me which QB's I'd take right now, Manning would be right behind him. Also, Harrison is a heck of a reciever, but what else does Manning have to throw to? Unless there's someone else to take the pressure off, it makes it tough to get the ball to your #1 guy. Look at Moss without Carter.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
With a defense as pitiful as the Colts? I'm not putting Manning in Favres league, but if you asked me which QB's I'd take right now, Manning would be right behind him. Also, Harrison is a heck of a reciever, but what else does Manning have to throw to? Unless there's someone else to take the pressure off, it makes it tough to get the ball to your #1 guy. Look at Moss without Carter.

What's wrong with Q. Ishmail? He had 72 catches for 1030 yards (7 TD's) last year. I also think that Pollard is one of the best TE's in the game.

Back
Top Bottom