Packers Lose Out On Coveted Special Teams Coach Darren Rizzi | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packers Lose Out On Coveted Special Teams Coach Darren Rizzi

Obviously, he has a high opinion of himself. Might work in our favor. Maybe he's been reading too many of his press clippings.

Obviously, he has a high opinion of himself. Might work in our favor. Maybe he's been reading too many of his press clippings.
what makes you say that ( high opinion of self? ) I figured he'd stay because he has a large young religious family, that he cared more about than taking less money to feed his ego

The article says:

Maybe he was asking for what he was making with us as assistant HC. He may return.
I think he knows he would get the same money from us and was looking for even more elsewhere. We pay him as one of the best because he is one of the best. I'm just curious about his title if Caldwell is now getting the Asst head coach title.

The article says:

Maybe he was asking for what he was making with us as assistant HC. He may return.
If you are going to switch jobs you mind as well ask for a bump in pay. Best time to do it and he probably has the Dolphins to fall back on. Just like us all we have to sell ourselves for what we have to offer and bring to the table.

I hope he is back with the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Ha ha too much money.

Who knew the specials coach was greedy too. What’s that gig like in the offseason anyways? Feels like it would be a cake walk. Lol.

How in demand can you be when you had 2 punts blocked in one half?

There are people who actually wanted him to interview for our HCing job. LMAO.

Maybe he and Dan Campbell could be co-head coaches together somewhere.

Rizzi is with us since 2010. I believe he is the longest tenured Dolphins coach at this point. With the title "associate HC" he has reached the end of the ladder of a coordinators job. Next step up would be HC.
I don't know what his contract status is but he probably makes pretty darn good money with us. He would be a fool to take a pay cut.

In regards of keeping him: it depends on Flores and if he wants to adapt the Belichick way of special teams. The Pats are notorious to kick it short (on kick offs) by design. Even when the touch back was at the 20 the philosophy was "you have to earn those 20 yards". Most special teams coaches like to kick the kick offs for a touch back to avoid any possible disaster on returns.

Back
Top Bottom