Palantonio: 49ers leaning to Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Palantonio: 49ers leaning to Smith

I dont see why this is such a horrible thing. Any team that would want to trade up for a QB would probably still be willing to do so to get Rogers.

RODGERS doesn't have the same greatness buzz around him as Smith for whatever reason. No talks about trading up for Rodgers.

There is no guarantee that the Niners take Rodgers, so he could be had at the #2 position. It just appears more people think that Smith has the higher ceiling.

Joey 22 said:
I think the final call will be made by the owner, who would benefit from getting the local guy.

Me too. San Fran will take Rodgers, why does anyone here actually think otherwise???? :shakeno:

Because when Mike Nolan was hired the owner decided he would step back after running the franchise into the ground and let his football people make the decisions. So if his football people think more highly of Smith, and money is truly not an issue, the niners will take Smith.

Buddwalk said:
If smith is taken...then rb or bpa will be taken...trust me saban likes Charlie Frye alot more than he does Rodgers

I hope not, Frye has the smallest hands of all the QBs. Small hands=Fumbles

Pericles349 said:
Me too. San Fran will take Rodgers, why does anyone here actually think otherwise???? :shakeno:

Because nothing is official yet. Just because we WANT them to take Rodgers so we can trade down doesn't mean it will happen.

fincane said:
Because when Mike Nolan was hired the owner decided he would step back after running the franchise into the ground and let his football people make the decisions. So if his football people think more highly of Smith, and money is truly not an issue, the niners will take Smith.

Do the Niners have any football people? I mean besides Nolan who likes Rodgers and their O coordinator who also does, They dont even have a GM let alone so called football people.

Buddwalk said:
If smith is taken...then rb or bpa will be taken...trust me saban likes Charlie Frye alot more than he does Rodgers

I don't see how any team would rank Frye above Rodgers... so I don't trust you.

SpeedRush99 said:
Because nothing is official yet. Just because we WANT them to take Rodgers so we can trade down doesn't mean it will happen.

Careful with the word 'we'. Many who have seen a lot of Rodgers actually want SF to take Smith so we can get Rodgers... perhaps even Saban.

I think Nolan is like Saban, he doesn't have the General Manager title, but has final say.

Well maybe Sal Pal

should spend more time with his beloved Eagles worrying about T.O. saying goodbye soon along with Cory Simon than worrying about the No. 1 pick.

It's a shame that ESPN employs such a blatant homer.

Back
Top Bottom