Palm Tree Ballers???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Palm Tree Ballers????

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Okay here is the way I see it.

IF the Phins sign S. Knight they will have a Defense that the NFL has never seen before.

DE ~ Jason Taylor man this guy never seems to give up on a play. He uses his hands and speed to blow by Tackles. He is on of the best DE in the game today. HANDS DOWN!

DT ~ Tim Bowens is the guy that does not get the glory that he deserves. He is on of the biggest reasons why Zach and company roam the field free. He is a Great Run Stuffer.

DT ~ Chester/Williams both seem to help out vs. the run. But unlike Bowens they can get to the QB. I do not think that Jay was worth the 4th that the Phins gave up. But he is a baller when healthy.

DE ~ Wally should make a run for the starting and 3rd down roles this season. When Taylor is having a good game he seems to pick up where Taylor left off. He has good moves to get to the QB.

OLB ~ Greenwood/Moore both have very good speed. I think that Greenwood will start this season. They will groom Moore to take over for Junior. Both will see action on 3rd downs this season. Because they can cover vs. the pass. I also think that now that the Phins have Junior and Zach that Greenwood & Moore will be used to KILL the QB's on 1st & 2nd downs. That is right look for the Phins to use the speed to blitz this season.

MLB ~ Zach is Zach a guy that has the Heart of King Kong and seems to be able to read the play before the game even starts. Now that the Phins have Junior Zach might have even a better season. That is hard to do because every year he has been the heart & soul of the D. Zach has more than enough left in his tank for 3-4 more years of ALL PRO PLAYING!

OLB ~ Junior Seau will bring the FIRE & LEADERSHIP that the Phins have been lacking in the past. I do not see the Phins D fading in December because of that. He will cause problems with his sacks & stuffs behind the line of scrimmage. This year Junior will not have to carry the team. That is a change for him. He has always been the best player on the D. That is not going to happen on a team that has SO MUCH TALENT!!! But this might even add a year or two of top notch play. Due to the fact that he does not have to cover the WHOLE field anymore.

CB ~ Sam is still one of the TOP 5 DB's in the game. Last season he allowed one TD. Yeah he got burned a few more times than the past. But the best way to beat the Phins is with the Deep ball. In the past the Safties have been the problem with help on the deep ball. Sam will bounce back this season. I think that he is still worth the $$$$. He does have a high cap hit over next couple of seasons. But he will need to redo his contract even if he plays like the #1 DB in the league. The Phins have to much talent everywhere.

CB ~ Pat earned his spot of a TOP 5 DB last season. I think he did even before the season. He will lay a big hit on WR unlike Sam. He likes bait the QB to make a easy throw. The QB's should not fall for that this season. He has all the Tools and Ability that any team would want in a DB. He can cover with the best of them. But he can also lay the WOOD.

FS ~ Brock is the man in my book. He has been a major factor in the Run Support of the past 3 seasons. He like most FS play vs. the pass average at best. But he brings a lot to the game. The Phins still need to have Freeman & Bell ready over the next two seasons to fill his role. He is not getting any younger. THAT SUCKS!!!

SS ~ Sammy Knight does not have great speed. But then again what SS does? He still makes the Big Plays. Something that Freeman has never shown. That is why the Phins will not let him go. Sammy has to see that the Phins D is going to top the Ravens on 2000. That is right they will be better. Sammy will add another Playmaker vs. the Pass & RUN.

T-Buck, Jamar, David Bowens, Bell, Freeman, Gamble all should do well give support on the role plays.

I would have NIGHTMARES for WEEKS if I was the QB of another team that had to play the Phins. The Phins did not try to upgrade the O with big talent. Because they are to close on the other side of the ball of creating a BEAST. They will have more talent on the D than the rest of the AFC EAST combined. This year is the year of the Palm Tree Ballers. Shocking the world with a D that seems to be better than any D of the Past. When it is all said and Done....The Phins D will be one of the best EVER. Just let Ricky do his thing and hope that Jay does not give the game away. If that happens this D is more than able to TAKE OVER A GAME. Home or Away!!!! Get your tickets ready. Book your Hotel room. Place your bets in Vegas now. Get A$$ ready to SCREAM & Go BUCK WILD on Super Sunday. Because the Phins are going all the WAY!!

Bold but true!!!

AFC EAST Champs!
AFC Champs!
Superbowl Champs!
Record: 13-3
December: NO LOSSES!!!

If it does not happen....:(
Look for Miami to start all over again. Only because of the Cap. C.C. and Wade are UFA next season. Rickys & Jays deal will be hitting new highs. Sam will be making QB money. Pat will be making QB money. Same with Jason & Zach. The Phins might end up with a lot of picks in the 1st next season if they fail to show up this season.

My 2004 Wish List:
M. Clayton ~ WR (LSU)
D. Hall ~ (VA TECH) DB/SS/FS/KR/PR/WR...watch this guy!!!Blazen SPEED!!!

My 2005 Wish List:
(1) Player......................Marcus VICK!!!!Trade up....Trade UP!!!!

LOL

I disagree...
i'm not even sure they'll have the best defence in the NFL...
TB is still up there...
And they would definately not be as good as the Ravens 2000 D...Now that was a pleasure to watch...except if you were the opposing QB..
Nevertheless good post because you accurately describe each player's assets...

The season will show.....either I am smoking crack or if I can see that the Phins have all the players to make a run for the best D ever.

Pass vs. the Phins
Please...say a pray and throw it up...lol

Run vs. the Phins
LOL.....try it and get killed....lol

Well, 03, I won't go as far as saying that you're smoking crack, but you have to realize that we have a long way to go to just improve upon last year. Wanny is still our HC and there's no reason to think he'll change from his "playing not to lose" mentality. He's been a HC for a total of 8-9 yrs now and he hasn't done it yet! :)

i agree, i think the fins D will be outstanding this season, and they should go far..

looks good on paper for now, but they have to do it on the field, especially on the road they have to show it this season

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
If it does not happen....:(
Look for Miami to start all over again. Only because of the Cap. C.C. and Wade are UFA next season.

Chambers will not be a UFA next season...

He signed a four year that will keep him here until at the very least until after the 2004 season. Wade or Nails will be gone next year. I hope it is Nails, since Whitley can replace him. I do not think Jarvis Borum will get it together enough to be a starting RT for us. Next year with Gardener's motherfockeer of a dead cap gone we should be ok. Cut Ruddy, Rodgers, and Perry and there you have it. 7m in a splash

I think miami does have the talent to be the best D ever. but its all about the team chemistry. lets see how that pans out.

the ability to overcome the coaches short comings will define this D. brining in "say-ow" will go along way towards that end. with some emotion, this team could truely be special. emotion is going to be the key, cause the phins have the talent.:D

I think that we will have a very good defense in the league, but there is more to defense than just the players, there is also chemistry and coaching that is extremely important. We will have a good defense, but we don't know how good it will be until they play.

Back
Top Bottom