Panda's Treasure Island Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panda's Treasure Island Mock Draft

This draft would transform our team. I would love to see this happen. I don't think some of these guys will be available tho.

I don't think Najee will be there at that spot, nor Creed or Asante Samuel Jr.

But if they are there, we would be fools to pass on them.

Yes. Miami traded back up from 12 to 6 just to trade back down again. Brilliant.
Lol well see.

We know the trade to 6th was already worked on before the trade to 12.

People should start realizing the trade wasn't viewed as a trade up from 12. It was a trade down to 6. It really was like a 3 team trade

It would be brilliant if they can move down to say 8 or 9 and still get one of their targeted players. Also there's a big difference between 12 and 6-10 when it comes to projected players.

But neither you or I are getting paid millions to scout and draft these guys. So we shall see.

I personally think people should know Grier by now. He clearly prefers value. If he can pick up a 2nd or a 1st next year he will obviously move down if he can still get one of his preferred prospects

51W7H0q4HPL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ahoy! Ye 'lubbers, tis I, Long John Panda who will rightly steer ye through the mysterious Draft process to find me buried treasure, yarrr...

#6 Devonte Smith

Yarrr, tis the Golden Debloon of the bunch. Ye might think it would be Pitts, but nay. Smith be like a graceful Marlin, majestic to behold, Arrrr...

#18 Najee Harris

Everyone thinks it be too high, but I say nay! Twill nary a second round pass before those wretched Bills or Steelers nab him from us, Arrrr!

#36 Creed Humphrey

Aye, tis the white whale himself. Ever in peril and ever in flight, the center that nary a 3rd rounder hast ever bestowed, evades us no more. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

#50 Asante Samuel Jr

Arrrgh!! Twas not the junior I would have, but alas ye fare lads, tis a junior, nonetheless!

#86 Tamorrion Terry

Abast ye Skallywags and draft nerds, to Davey Jones Locker with the lot of ye!!! And I'll rightly keelhaul the first mention of value, I will...

images
I'd be disappointed at this draft.

Lol well see.

We know the trade to 6th was already worked on before the trade to 12.

People should start realizing the trade wasn't viewed as a trade up from 12. It was a trade down to 6. It really was like a 3 team trade

It would be brilliant if they can move down to say 8 or 9 and still get one of their targeted players. Also there's a big difference between 12 and 6-10 when it comes to projected players.

But neither you or I are getting paid millions to scout and draft these guys. So we shall see.

I personally think people should know Grier by now. He clearly prefers value. If he can pick up a 2nd or a 1st next year he will obviously move down if he can still get one of his preferred prospects
What does getting paid to scout or draft these guys have to do with anything? That doesn't really have... anything to do with the discussion at hand. Feels like it's an attempt to whitewash a silly statement made without taking facts (and the later logical deductions) into account. In my opinion of course. I just dont think they make the trade back up with Philly if they were planning on targeting someone who would potentially be there @ 8 or 9.

Frankly... as the trade sits, It's still brilliant. He has his targeted guy in his sights. He won't get cute - he'll take his targeted guy @ 6. That matches his history. If that guy is gone? Yeah absolutely. But you don't trade back up to 6 with the hope of trading back down to 8-9. If that's your end goal, and you are confident in both your insiders as well as your entire department's vision that the prospects are in a similar tier, you simply wait for a chance to move back up to 8-9 when that player has made that fall and you hopefully don't give up as much draft capital as you did for the move up to 6.

I'm sorry, while I did enjoy the post and chortled quite vociferously at your vernacular, I would also be disappointed.
I just can't get on board with a RB at 18. Can't. Would have to be a Barry Sanders type.
And two WR with the first 5 picks? We already have 12 on the roster. No EDGE?
If you had gone Smith(and I am beginning to lean more towards JChase if he's there) then ZCollins/Ossai, OK.
I think 36 it's too high for a center. If you want Samuel, go Samuel here. Then look at RB at 50 either Carter or J Williams.
Then center you have the third round for Meinerz, the kid from Ohio State, or even the Georgia Center if you can trade down a bit for him.
That's just me and we all have our opinions.
Please don't make me walk the plank.

I'm sorry, while I did enjoy the post and chortled quite vociferously at your vernacular, I would also be disappointed.
I just can't get on board with a RB at 18. Can't. Would have to be a Barry Sanders type.
And two WR with the first 5 picks? We already have 12 on the roster. No EDGE?
If you had gone Smith(and I am beginning to lean more towards JChase if he's there) then ZCollins/Ossai, OK.
I think 36 it's too high for a center. If you want Samuel, go Samuel here. Then look at RB at 50 either Carter or J Williams.
Then center you have the third round for Meinerz, the kid from Ohio State, or even the Georgia Center if you can trade down a bit for him.
That's just me and we all have our opinions.
Please don't make me walk the plank.

jaws-whale-song-1975-mono-redo_scruberthumbnail_0.jpg

Farewell and adieu to ye fair spanish ladies...

jaws_104pyxurz-1.jpg

Saw Little JK Dobbins cut in two right before my very eyes...I'll never put on a life jacket ever again.

I like the draft although Smith and Harris wouldn’t be my first choices at 6/18. That being said, you could make a really strong argument that those two picks would help Tua develop in year 2 the most. Part of me would love to see it simply to end the QB “controversy” (at least in the media and fan’s mind); there really is no harder commit to Tua than drafting his 2 former teammates in the 1st.

What does getting paid to scout or draft these guys have to do with anything? That doesn't really have... anything to do with the discussion at hand. Feels like it's an attempt to whitewash a silly statement made without taking facts (and the later logical deductions) into account. In my opinion of course. I just dont think they make the trade back up with Philly if they were planning on targeting someone who would potentially be there @ 8 or 9.

Frankly... as the trade sits, It's still brilliant. He has his targeted guy in his sights. He won't get cute - he'll take his targeted guy @ 6. That matches his history. If that guy is gone? Yeah absolutely. But you don't trade back up to 6 with the hope of trading back down to 8-9. If that's your end goal, and you are confident in both your insiders as well as your entire department's vision that the prospects are in a similar tier, you simply wait for a chance to move back up to 8-9 when that player has made that fall and you hopefully don't give up as much draft capital as you did for the move up to 6.
It does have a lot to do with our discussion. Your later comment proved its relevant when you talked about vision and insiders.

We are not the ones scouting. We are not the ones on the phones knowing which 4 teams were trying to trade up. We are not scouting or in the know on who's scouting who. The people getting paid millions are.

Those people are the ones who can analyze the draft and determine what they believe Detroit, Carolina and Denver may or may not do. They will be able to make better evaluations as to whether or not they could trade down and still get their guy.

I never said they traded to 6 hoping to trade back to 8 or 9. However, if the opportunity presents itself and the only non QB taken is Chase, they can trade back to 8 or 9 and still get a top guy.

However, I agree with you at staying at 6 to get your guy. If they have 1 player in mind you take him.

However, by trading to 6 I think its pretty clear they don't have just 1 guy in mind. If so, it is clear, Pitts, Sewell or Chase are not their 1 guy. If so they won have never traded down. Its clear they have a few guys they would like.

Once again, if you like 4 guys and 3 are still on the board..... its safe to trade with Denver knowing you are guaranteed to get 1 of them even if teams trade ahead of you.

Oh yeah, I also don't make silly comments only to white wash them lol. Not my style. I am happy to elaborate or clarify if you don't understand a point.

Like I say. My opinion is no more right or wrong than anyone's.

Aye, tis a smidge of Indica, a bottle of Dew and a book on tape on you tube whilst Panda rests his poor head...I like to think I'm dreamblending to satiate my boredom...Aaarghhh! But never tell 'em your dreams, lads! Keep them buried from strangas, I say. It'll be the black spot for the lot of us, if others knew...

Sold at indica!!

Oh yeah, I also don't make silly comments only to white wash them lol. Not my style. I am happy to elaborate or clarify if you don't understand a point.

Me : Aaargh! How do ye white warsh a silly comment?

Me, also : I tinks you be meanin' watered down lad...but I'm not one to be's a grammar pirate.

Me, again : Raise its rent?

Back
Top Bottom