Panthers Fire Matt Rhule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers Fire Matt Rhule

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Reported Panthers Fire Matt Rhule. Not surprising he was fired. Surprised it happened so soon. But for anyone watching their games the last few years, things always just seemed like a complete train wreck.

I haven’t watched many Panthers games. It did seem like they were trying to develop a rounded out roster there, but it’s all for naught if you can’t get the QB right. Rhule never got the QB right and even seemed averse to taking a big swing with one of their high 1sts.

He’ll get a boatload of money and will have multiple college programs after his services.

The biggest con in the NFL are GMs and Coaches (like Rhule) that are able to sell Owners that it takes a long time to build a contending team.

Since the salary cap era, if you can't at least win a playoff game in the first three years of a regime you are in a self-masturbatory "rebuild"

The only championship regime in the salary cap era to not at least win a playoff game their first three years was Coughlin's Giants, and they made the playoffs years 2 and 3 and won the super bowl year 4.

Good Riddance to these trust the process conmen

The biggest con in the NFL are GMs and Coaches (like Rhule) that are able to sell Owners that it takes a long time to build a contending team.

Since the salary cap era, if you can't at least win a playoff game in the first three years of a regime you are in a self-masturbatory "rebuild"

The only championship regime in the salary cap era to not at least win a playoff game their first three years was Coughlin's Giants, and they made the playoffs years 2 and 3 and won the super bowl year 4.

Good Riddance to these trust the process conmen
Also, we are finding out that the "great" college coaches are mostly only great recruiters. I put Rhule Saban, and Meyer in that category. Jim Harbaugh is 10x the coach those 3 are....successfully in the pros AND NCAA.

I haven’t watched many Panthers games. It did seem like they were trying to develop a rounded out roster there, but it’s all for naught if you can’t get the QB right. Rhule never got the QB right and even seemed averse to taking a big swing with one of their high 1sts.

He’ll get a boatload of money and will have multiple college programs after his services.
It goes way more than just getting the QB wrong. I watched them a bit when Bridgewater was there and their ability to call the worst way in the key moment of a game was startling.

I think the gig was really up when he cycled through so many QBs and found one who was proven to be at least mediocre, and made it look like a bottom 4 offense. There's just a look you see in player's eyes when you realize they have no confidence in the structure anymore.

Back
Top Bottom