Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

What was Darnold, the third overall pick?

SUCK IT, JETS.

I love when that piece of **** organization fvcks it all up and makes horrible choices with tremendously valuable assets.

Any GangGreen members reading this forum?

YOU SUCK!
Good thing the Dolphins didn't trade up to 3 to take Dion Jordan, or something...

Agreed.

Didn’t AZ get a 2nd and 5th for Rosen from our Dolphins?

This deal isn’t drastically different. And Darnold has shown a helluva lot more than Rosen ever did.

If you compare both deals and consider both player’s production up to the respective trades, I think it’s pretty clear NYJ didn’t get fair value.

But it also demonstrates my point about making comparisons to historical trades. It’s not apples to oranges. Value changes. Supply and demand changes. Value isn’t static.

What you can get for something today is all that matters.
We had 2 years (it only took 1) to decide if Rosen was a keeper. Sam is going into 4th year; meaning Carolina needed to exercise that 5th year option which they did. Its not the same as our deal. Carolina is nuts to pay a 2nd, 4th and a 6th, even with the 1st 2 in 2022. Who exactly were they competing with for Sam?

not sure if posted here, but my personal guess is that the Falcons trade with the Broncos to 9.

They'll get a future (maybe even 2023) 1st in the deal.

Draft will go

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones/Fields
4. Fields/Jones
5. Chase/Sewell
6. Pitts
7. Smith/Waddle/Chase
8. Sewell/Parsons
9. Parsons/Horn
10. Horn/Surtain

Good thing the Dolphins didn't trade up to 3 to take Dion Jordan, or something...
I don't remember Dolphins fans mouthing off ad nauseum about how Dion Jordan was our Franchise Quarterback and Quarterback of the Future, like the Sh!ts were doing with Darny!

Jordan was a horrible pick/trade, but every team has busts, and that was almost a decade ago.

Only two tackles projected to go in the first 50 picks, Christian Darrisaw and Alex Leatherwood, measured in last month with at least 34” arms.

Sewell is 33 1/4". 33" is generally considered the cut off. Rashawn Slater came in at 33" and some thought he might be the first tackle taken. Dillon Radunz was also about 33 1/4" and I think he going to be a steal in the 3rd (even late 2nd) if he makes it that far.

I'd say 3/4" in a OT's arm length is less of a concern than 30-40 pounds in a WR. TBH neither concerns me as both have shown to be worth a top pick.

queue to anyone who thought tua wasnt worth a first rounder hes nowhere near as bad as darnorld
I think that was a really good trade for the Jets. As a comparison, Miami only got a 4th rounder for Tannehill.

I love that the Jets are selecting Wilson. The guy had one good yr, in this covid craziness against crap teams, When he played against a good defense in coastal he sucked. He had to earn the starting qb role this yr at BYU.

Only two tackles projected to go in the first 50 picks, Christian Darrisaw and Alex Leatherwood, measured in last month with at least 34” arms.

Sewell is 33 1/4". 33" is generally considered the cut off. Rashawn Slater came in at 33" and some thought he might be the first tackle taken. Dillon Radunz was also about 33 1/4" and I think he going to be a steal in the 3rd (even late 2nd) if he makes it that far.

I'd say 3/4" in a OT's arm length is less of a concern than 30-40 pounds in a WR. TBH neither concerns me as both have shown to be worth a top pick.
What? Every mock I have seen have had a least 5 OT in the first round and 3 or 4 others before 50. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins, and Vera Tucker have all been 1st rounders. Just saw another one today with Mayfield, and Cosmi also in first.

Sh*t now we have to see Zach Wilson twice a year. The boy is Country Good playing in the big Apple.............

Last yr, his highlights were against N Alabama, Tx-San Antonio, etc... I really wouldn't worry about him this season.

The phins could counter this move by drafting JO-K at #18.

p.s. JO-K would also be handy spying JA in Buffalo

Darnold is better than Wilson just watch
I don’t know man. I’ve never been a fan. Remember watching him fold in the USC/Ohio St Rose Bowl before he came out. Was insanely happy when the Jets got him. Obviously the Gase total ineptness did him no favors, but I think he’s nothing more than a backup.

Back
Top Bottom