Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

This pretty much leaves Denver as the lone top 10 team, that seems to have interest in trading up. The leverage is now on Denver's side, unless another team behind them starts gaining traction. It appears Atlanta and Detroit will need to make their selections at #4 and #7.

Does Atlanta select a QB or either Pitts or Chase? This could get worrisome for Miami?
Don't be surprised if they go defense if they can't trade down.

This pretty much leaves Denver as the lone top 10 team, that seems to have interest in trading up. The leverage is now on Denver's side, unless another team behind them starts gaining traction. It appears Atlanta and Detroit will need to make their selections at #4 and #7.

Does Atlanta select a QB or either Pitts or Chase? This could get worrisome for Miami?
This hurts our ability to drop down from 6 to either 8 or 9. I suspect we stand pat at 6 and take our guy.

I don't think this hurts Atlanta's ability to trade out of 4 , unless they're insistent on staying in the top 10. There are still plenty of qb-needy teams out there.

No need for Denver to trade up to 4 now right? Unless there is a fear of someone like NE jumping in front of them for the 4th QB

No need for Denver to trade up to 4 now right? Unless there is a fear of someone like NE jumping in front of them for the 4th QB
Denver and New England would be the top two contenders for a trade up. There is also the possibility of Chicago looking to secure a guy for the future. I saw it mentioned that there were reports that Washington had also shown trade interest in Darnold. There are still plenty of teams who would potentially be interested in moving to 4 for a QB.

Guess this means we will see Darnold again next year since Miami is playing Carolina.

If NE wants to trade up they can call Carolina now to get ahead of Denver.

Ah, what the heck...just take the talent, and don't worry about the wheeling and Dealing...Unless a team seriously knocks the teams socks off with a special type trade.

Pitts TE
Rousseau DE
Harris RB
Bateman WR
Myers OC

Back
Top Bottom