Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

I think we are staying at 6. There are one or two specific guys they want, and they’re going to lock the available one up. If Chase goes to the Bengals as many suspect, it could be Pitts or Smith. Can’t take the risk that the Lions take their guy at 7.

18 could be in play. If somebody they really like slides to 18 (think: Micah Parsons) maybe they snag him. But if they are ok with a pool of guys, they could try to slide down and get one of them in the 20s.

This is great for Darnold. Aside from maybe SF, this is one of the better landing spots for him. He goes from working with Adam Gase to working with Joe Brady. The kid has loads of talent and has flashed at times, so maybe he can revive his career down in Carolina. I was a bit surprised to see the return the Jets got: a 6th round pick this year, 2nd and 4th round picks next year. I wonder if there was a bidding war for him.

Unfortunately, it's not good news for us. I was hoping there would be a bidding war between Carolina and Denver to trade up to 6 to draft the last remaining 'top QB' on the board. That's not going to happen now.

This pretty much leaves Denver as the lone top 10 team, that seems to have interest in trading up. The leverage is now on Denver's side, unless another team behind them starts gaining traction. It appears Atlanta and Detroit will need to make their selections at #4 and #7.

Does Atlanta select a QB or either Pitts or Chase? This could get worrisome for Miami?

Denver could be a trade up option, but only if they like quarterback #5. I think Miami likely stays at #6, though.

I think Carolina gave up a lot for Darnold, a 2nd and 4th next year plus a 6th this year? I thought he might be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Back
Top Bottom