Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

not sure if posted here, but my personal guess is that the Falcons trade with the Broncos to 9.

They'll get a future (maybe even 2023) 1st in the deal.

Draft will go

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones/Fields
4. Fields/Jones
5. Chase/Sewell
6. Pitts
7. Smith/Waddle/Chase
8. Sewell/Parsons
9. Parsons/Horn
10. Horn/Surtain

Sign me up. I’d love the first 5 picks to go that way. And would be extremely happy with Kyle Pitts.

I'd say 3/4" in a OT's arm length is less of a concern than 30-40 pounds in a WR.

Based upon what anecdotal evidence?

W/O doing any research, I’m willing to bet the list of under weight skill players meeting or exceeding expectations is a much longer than the list of tackles with substandard length. I’ll bet a good amount of those players get moved inside at some point.

Darnold is better than Wilson just watch

It’ll be interesting to see how he performs under Joe Brady.

I’ve never been a big Darnold fan, but the size, athleticism and talent are all there.

Now, I think, unless Denver thinks Carolina will take a QB, we're out of trade partners.

Why does MIA need trade partner? By moving back up to 6, it seems pretty clear they want to select a player in that range. Good for them. They need a talented playmaker.

Besides, whatever spot MIA traded down to and whatever assets they acquired wouldn’t be good enough for some anyway.

It would be ironic and amusing if the qb they draft (most likely Zach Wilson) ends up being a bust and Sam darnold ends up being a good qb for panthers

It would be ironic and amusing if the qb they draft (most likely Zach Wilson) ends up being a bust and Sam darnold ends up being a good qb for panthers

I think it’s very possible.

Maybe Wilson will be all that and the bag of chips, but he doesn’t exactly have a long stellar track record. Or even much to show against great competition.

In short, I’m not sold he’s going to better than Darnold.

And while I’ve never been a fan of Darnold’s game, the size, athleticism and talent are all there.

Joe Brady just might be the one to maximize it.

It’s the Jets and a Gase escapee, dare I say it’s probable?

Burrow prefers Chase on the Bengals and the Bengals select before the Dolphins.Obviously the bigger need for the Bengals is the offensive line but reports are that Burrow has really been arguing for drafting Chase with the fifth pick and then add an offensive lineman with their pick in round 2.

I have no idea if the Bengals GM is listening to what Burrow wants but if he is, Chase won’t be available at 6.
I would be okay with the Bengals taking Chase because then it's a choice between Pitts, Smith, and Waddle. I am still torn between Chase and Smith and would be glad that I don't have to decide between the two. They are both very different WR. We probably couldn't go wrong with either of the WRs, but it's a tough call for an armchair GM such as myself and my minimal resources. However, if Pitts is on the board, the decision for me is much easier. :-)

Im not sure the price they paid takes them out of looking for a QB... only a 6th in this draft...

right.

but Teddy Bridgewater's 23 million cap hit (20 million dead money) and Sam Darnold needing to be extended or having the 5th year option exercised does IMO

I want Chase or Pitts. Bengals and Falcons could derail it by getting those 2. Thats what it basically comes down to for me. Just hope both or just one of those teams goes Tackle or QB. If they don't then we lose out. Will be frustrating if we miss out on either (presuming Phins FO traded back up for either Chase or Pitts)

Back
Top Bottom