Paradigm Shift... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paradigm Shift...

No, Nick just loves the Chiefs and rarely has them out of the #1 spot. He felt the need to penalize them and the Bills for losses that shouldn't have happened this week so he gave them a tier to themselves below their usual perch. He said the Eagles have about 11 games vs teams on his bottom two tiers or in his other group of "non metionable" teams so it's hard to imagine them not being the top NFC seed around 13-4 though he doesn't see them winning the super bowl. He's got even less respect for us but that's the way the national media is with us.

The Tiers of Nick Wright

To another point of the original poster, we actually made it to the top of Nick Wright's tiers this week but it of course comes with the backhanded slap. While we're at the top, we're only the "favorites til Friday" since we're going to lose at Cincinnati on Thursday.

View attachment 119533
That is exactly the dialogue I keep hearing over and over, and it pisses me off.

Why aren't people talking about Josh Allen fumbling, Devin Singletary missing a key pass block on Holland, Gabe Davis allowing an undrafted free agent rookie to punch the ball out of his hands on a back shoulder end zone throw (great f'in play KOHOU!).

All I keep hearing about is their 497 yds. But when you break it down over 90 plays (essentially 1.5 games) is it really that impressive? How about our 21 points on 39 plays? SMH...

Once again, this all starts with McDaniel. He changed everything the day he was hired. Grier and Ross were already here, so it wasn't them. I'm also assuming the coaching staff is way better than what we've had.
What hasn't changed is the external perception of us. But who cares? I would rather be in this position and no one believe in us (other than the players themselves, and almost all fans of the team).

The media is disgusting. Yes---we got out "played" and outgained, but the bottom line is the score. We capitalized beautifully on our offensive opportunities. Buffalo didn't. Heat? Please. It was almost 90 degrees last year when they dropped 35 on us, and blanked us at the same time.

All I heard all week long was how friggin' good Von Miller is. Barely heard his name all game. Did any media pundits point out how good T. Armstead was, or even G. Little on the other side? Little was fighting through a very obvious hand injury, but toughed it out. We ran to paydirt in the red zone when needed, whereas the Bills couldn't do the same with their numerous chances. Holland blitzes past their very good LT Dion Dawkins creating a huge turnover, and a lot of the discussion has been how Allen fumbled, rather than us creating the turnover with a super individual effort by Jevon.

Once again---we see the changes, but not many others are buying in. Power rankings are a bit of a joke. Some have us up there out of obligation. Lots to prove yet, but not holding my breath for us to be praised for our big plays, and the dialogue not being about the other teams failures to protect or cover. We aren't getting a lot of recognition outside of our family circle. Once again, who cares.

Let's enjoy this beautiful ride!!
Tell us something we don’t know. Just rehashed BS into a new thread

Once again, this all starts with McDaniel. He changed everything the day he was hired. Grier and Ross were already here, so it wasn't them. I'm also assuming the coaching staff is way better than what we've had.
What hasn't changed is the external perception of us. But who cares? I would rather be in this position and no one believe in us (other than the players themselves, and almost all fans of the team).

The media is disgusting. Yes---we got out "played" and outgained, but the bottom line is the score. We capitalized beautifully on our offensive opportunities. Buffalo didn't. Heat? Please. It was almost 90 degrees last year when they dropped 35 on us, and blanked us at the same time.

All I heard all week long was how friggin' good Von Miller is. Barely heard his name all game. Did any media pundits point out how good T. Armstead was, or even G. Little on the other side? Little was fighting through a very obvious hand injury, but toughed it out. We ran to paydirt in the red zone when needed, whereas the Bills couldn't do the same with their numerous chances. Holland blitzes past their very good LT Dion Dawkins creating a huge turnover, and a lot of the discussion has been how Allen fumbled, rather than us creating the turnover with a super individual effort by Jevon.

Once again---we see the changes, but not many others are buying in. Power rankings are a bit of a joke. Some have us up there out of obligation. Lots to prove yet, but not holding my breath for us to be praised for our big plays, and the dialogue not being about the other teams failures to protect or cover. We aren't getting a lot of recognition outside of our family circle. Once again, who cares.

Let's enjoy this beautiful ride!!
The additions of McDaniel, Cheetah and Armstead have put us over the top. However, it was Ross’s decision to trust Grier’s plan to completely rebuild is what got us here. We didn’t nail every pick but we did build a young core that is blossoming before our very eyes.

The national media does not watch every game. They take a narrative and run with it. I have enjoyed watching them eat crow the last 3 weeks

Once again, this all starts with McDaniel. He changed everything the day he was hired. Grier and Ross were already here, so it wasn't them.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, McDaniel and staff are coaching and utilizing their offensive players much better.

But defense is pretty much the same and was already in place.

Furthermore Grier should get credit for beginning the change. He ultimately drafted Tua and Waddle and Holland among others. He also was responsible for the Tunsil trade which was a big part of setting this all up.

Furthermore, we see that he’ll acquire players the head coach wants. Hence Tyreek and Armstead and others.

Most of all, he (and Ross) made the controversial decision to fire Flores and are responsible for hiring McDaniel who was a bit of a underdog hiring.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, McDaniel and staff are coaching and utilizing their offensive players much better.

Furthermore Grier should get credit for beginning the change. He ultimately drafted Tua and Waddle and Holland among others. He also was responsible for the Tunsil trade which was a big part of setting this all up.

Furthermore, we see that he’ll acquire players the head coach wants. Hence Tyreek and Armstead and others.

Most of all, he (and Ross) made the controversial decision to fire Flores and are responsible for hiring McDaniel who was a bit of a underdog hiring.
100%. At the time, I was in favor of keeping Flo unless we could get a big name like Harbaugh. Turns out they nailed the coaching hire. I can say that with certainty after 3 weeks.

I don't care about respect. Save it for Aretha and give me those wins.

For perspective, the '72 Dolphins were the underdogs in an awful lot of their games and throughout the playoffs.

Not that I'm comparing the two teams (yet), but just sayin'.

Wins > respect.

Any day.

Great post. I am excited to think what the passing game would be like with even an average running game. Frightening!
I see way more successful runs than in years past. Almost every time Miami needed a run to work, it's been working. The TD runs when former Dolphin Os wouldve gotten stuffed.
We just don't stick with it, in large part, to the belief that Tua can just Gash the defense passing easier and faster.

This offense is like a combo of 84 Bill Walsh and 84 Dolphins.

Josh Allen flat out tanked what shouldve been the go-ahead TD.
Was his hand-pain responsible? Maybe shouldve called a different play.

Donald Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The media is fake news.
This guy going on trial for murder is not fake news!

Tell us something we don’t know. Just rehashed BS into a new thread
Awe...Easy...you're back slamming posts, hey? Bf out-of-town again?

If it is rehash...you have the right not to open it, read it, then comment on it.

Angry dude...wow...😂😂😂

Well, yes and no.

Some excellent points...good stuff Ejay

Awe...Easy...you're back slamming posts, hey? Bf out-of-town again?

If it is rehash...you have the right not to open it, read it, then comment on it.

Angry dude...wow...😂😂😂
Can’t tell if it’s useless drivel as this was or something insightful which this is not by the BS title of the thread
litter

Back
Top Bottom