Paradigm Shift... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paradigm Shift...

To another point of the original poster, we actually made it to the top of Nick Wright's tiers this week but it of course comes with the backhanded slap. While we're at the top, we're only the "favorites til Friday" since we're going to lose at Cincinnati on Thursday.

View attachment 119533
lol Nick Wright is such a ****y little **** and he closely resembles Gonzo on Sesame Street. F him and his "tiers"
Screen_Shot_2020-06-01_at_6.21.52_AM_1280x720_1744910403851.jpg

6C7091433-111122-gonzo.jpg

We haven't won a playoff game since the year 2000 (shout out to Lamar Smith!) so I can completely understand the rampant skepticism & non believers but as the OP has pointed out, there is something so damn different with our team. Its literally like night & day from years past

Well, yes and no.

Yes, McDaniel and staff are coaching and utilizing their offensive players much better.

But defense is pretty much the same and was already in place.

Furthermore Grier should get credit for beginning the change. He ultimately drafted Tua and Waddle and Holland among others. He also was responsible for the Tunsil trade which was a big part of setting this all up.

Furthermore, we see that he’ll acquire players the head coach wants. Hence Tyreek and Armstead and others.

Most of all, he (and Ross) made the controversial decision to fire Flores and are responsible for hiring McDaniel who was a bit of a underdog hiring.
Tua WL Record 18-8
Herbert WL Record 16 -19

Statmuse.com

Also, just a hunch but Ross’ suspension has been a blessing. I mean, we’ve all worked for meddling bosses - they make everything worse. MM has had the luxury of not being summoned (or Grier for that matter) to discuss dumb ideas like trading for sexual deviants or going on a booze cruise w Tom Brady or trying to recruit a college coach behind the HC’s back etc. I mean, I don’t think this is a coincidence how tight the team is and Ross isn’t around or allowed to have contact. I don’t know how much of a impact it’s having - as I said it’s just a gut feel - but MM and Grier are able to work without having to dumb it all down for the buffoon.
With respect, those are pretty extreme statements. Is Ross perfect? NO. Can he be clumsy? Yes. But he hasn't done anything other owners don't do AND his checkbook has always been open. He hasn't been busted in Orchids of Asia and he doesn't micromanage like Jerry in Dallas. Ross is a B- Owner.

I haven't had this much optimism in a head coach since Shula!
Sometimes I have to check myself in regards to my memories of Shula. I want to create this revisionist history, where he was an awful coach there towards the end. And that's just not the case. The game did pass him by. And he was stubbornly loyal to Olividatti. But he was still a great coach. Sometimes I give Marino more credit than he deserves for willing us to victory, and unjustly don't share that credit with the late, great Don Shula.

But Mike McDaniel (so far) checks all of the boxes. He's infused a type of energy in this team that I've never seen.

With respect, those are pretty extreme statements. Is Ross perfect? NO. Can he be clumsy? Yes. But he hasn't done anything other owners don't do AND his checkbook has always been open. He hasn't been busted in Orchids of Asia and he doesn't micromanage like Jerry in Dallas. Ross is a B- Owner.
“Clumsy” is being kind IMO. Every single time the guy has swung for the fences on a football move, he’s tripped over his dick while running to 1st base. **** him he sucks when it comes to anything and everything related to football. He’s willing to spend money so he’s not the worst owner out there but I prefer him suspended and kept away from the team. If we’re 5-1 or 6-0 when he comes back his big, goofy ego will get in the way and he’ll just have to get involved somehow - rather than be smart and just leave well enough alone. I hope he goes to Orchids of Asia w Kraft and they both get caught, arrested and thrown in jail

Sometimes I have to check myself in regards to my memories of Shula. I want to create this revisionist history, where he was an awful coach there towards the end. And that's just not the case. The game did pass him by. And he was stubbornly loyal to Olividatti. But he was still a great coach. Sometimes I give Marino more credit than he deserves for willing us to victory, and unjustly don't share that credit with the late, great Don Shula.

But Mike McDaniel (so far) checks all of the boxes. He's infused a type of energy in this team that I've never seen.
Shula was still a phenomenal game day coach right to the end. He didn’t make dumb decisions on the field. He didn’t beat himself like Harbaugh just did going for it on that 4th down up by 14. Stuff like that. The snow game in Dallas on turkey day was a great example of Shula out-coaching a more “modern” coach in JJ. The difference in the game was that Shula kept trusting his kicker to try FGs all day while JJ didn’t and kept going for it on 4th and failing to come away w points. It was a schooling in how to manage a tight game

Jerry Jones would be the worst to work for I imagine

I haven’t had this much optimism in a coach since the late Tony Sparano. Having the coach is as important as having the franchise QB and we may have both right now. What a time to be a fan.
I was never optimistic about Sparano. We were a one trick pony on offense and when the league figured out the wildcat which was a gimmick, that ride was over. Parcell's time here was a total waste of time. Just boatloads of money for a meh product and years of our time as fans wasted with false promise.

Tua WL Record 18-8
Herbert WL Record 16 -19

Statmuse.com

While I agree with those taking the position that W-L record is a “team” stat — as I’ve been staunchly taking that position with regard to winning SB’s and determining GOAT status — but in this case I won’t allow people have it both ways.

For those that believe that Tom Brady has won 7 SB’s and state it in that manner, then the above records between the 2 QB’s should definitely matter.

I believe they do regardless as, while neither QB is solely responsible for those records, they have played a major role in determining them.

I would point to Tua’s Q4 statistics — which are off the chart during his young career thus far — as one of several reasons Miami’s record has been so good with him as the starting QB.

Conversely, I’d point to Justin Herbert’s penchant to fade in the 2nd halves of games (or just make one costly mistake at a pivotal moment) as one of several reasons the Chargers record is sub .500 when he starts games.

As Bill Parcell’s famously said, “You are what your record says you are”.

Back
Top Bottom