Parker Non Play, Story of the Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Non Play, Story of the Day

Seems like just a year ago that Parker caught a game-winning touchdown against the Rams. And the Rams continued their downward spiral while the Dolphins pushed towards the playoffs. Wow what a difference a year and a coaching staff makes! That’s why I think these so called rebuilding plans and “trust the process” crap is just a way to string fans along to buy tickets while the team continues to be terrible. Get a good coach, then get a good quarterback (not necessarily in that order) and success will immediately follow.

Just another wasted first round pick. Parker was looked at as a potential #1 receiver. Turns out that he is JAG out there. Would be nice to have a true #1 Alpha WR on the team but with the Dolphins terrible drafting, be it failure of the scouting department and GM or just bad luck, that will not happen anytime soon. Too many other needs on the team. Too many overpaid underperforming players on the roster.

"The Parker Problem" - yet another reach for a player that had a lot of questions coming out of college. Thanks, front office.

Those doubts about his abilities are amplified in the NFL and we are not seeing him improve very much.

Next year he must show vast improvement in all aspects of his game. I don't believe he will ever stay healthy as he is seemingly built like a deer.

I'm all for Carroo (or anyone really) getting snaps in place of Parker these next few games.

What do we have to lose?

Hard to hang a receiver for their lack of production with this sht show at QB - but now you 100% pay Landry IMO and look at WR in the draft.

Let Parker play w Tannehill and cut em loose if it’s another bust.

Hard to hang a receiver for their lack of production with this sht show at QB - but now you 100% pay Landry IMO and look at WR in the draft.

I think the problem people have with that particular play is that Gilmore played the ball and
Parker didn’t.
It was an underthrown Ball, but Parker made no attempt to grab it. His feet never left the ground. It may have been intercepted either way, but Parker could have at least made an effort to bail out his QB.
For the record, I think Gilmore is a solid CB, but not an elite one. He basically shut down Parker and to me that is unacceptable. Especially, when you factor in that this was a must win game for the Phins and meant little,to the Pats.
There should have been a sense of urgency in this game from the entire team.
Parker included.

Seems like just a year ago that Parker caught a game-winning touchdown against the Rams. And the Rams continued their downward spiral while the Dolphins pushed towards the playoffs. Wow what a difference a year and a coaching staff makes! That’s why I think these so called rebuilding plans and “trust the process” crap is just a way to string fans along to buy tickets while the team continues to be terrible. Get a good coach, then get a good quarterback (not necessarily in that order) and success will immediately follow.
The same is true for the Eagles.

You are contradicting yourself there a bit. You are in favor of paying Landry based on his play with a crap QB situation this season because he is performing but you are defending Parker because of the QB situation.

Landry has performed in all situations over the past couple of seasons and Parker has not shown that he has the ability to stay healthy and to play with any heart or passion. Even though Landry sometimes (not lately) allows his emotions to get in the way of the team and get penalties against him as a result, I will take that over a guy who won't fight for a ball or show that he actually cares.

I don't believe he will ever stay healthy as he is seemingly built like a deer.
I was thinking the same thing last night as I rewatched the game on Gamepass. On the second interception the two Patriots defenders went up for the ball aggressively and Parker just fell harmlessly backwards like a wounded deer. Absolutely no fire in him at all.

Parkers a bust. Move on
Parker had Tannehill pre the initial knee injury, a better running game, and a better O-line last year and still wasn’t that impressive. Parker gets no pass. Why isn’t Stills and Landry playing like crap like he is in the same conditions?

Parker clearly didn't have his balance to be able to leap for the ball in the end zone [screenshots attached]. Go watch the play last night where Lebron tried to throw an alley oop to DWade and he couldn't even get up because he didn't have his balance. Gonna tell me that's because he didn't have fire? If you want to criticize him for that play you have justification that he shouldn't have been begging for the flag and should have tried to tackle Gilmore.

Seriously though when has Parker ever shown that he doesn't have fire in him? If we want to get on him for being injury prone (although he WAS playing on a bad ankle) then that's a very valid concern. But when your coaching staff calls the most basic of plays and seem to have no idea how to set players up for success and your QBs just throw **** up there it's never going to be a recipe for success. Across the board our receivers look like turds this year (save for Stills and even his year is down) compared with last season when we had a healthy Tannehill and a solid running game. Did Parker lack fire then? Early this season when Cutler was healthy and Parker was healthy and the oline wasn't putrid Parker was our best receiver especially on those You Got Moss'd plays.

vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h20m51s255.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h21m55s269.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h22m16s232.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h22m34s838.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h23m04s474.png

Parker had Tannehill pre the initial knee injury, a better running game, and a better O-line last year and still wasn’t that impressive. Parker gets no pass. Why isn’t Stills and Landry playing like crap like he is in the same conditions?

Landry is having the worst year of his career by far, minus TD's where he's gotten a lot more opportunities, and Stills had a much better season last year.

Stills averaged 2.5 more YPC last year and had 9 TD's vs 5 this year. This is tied for the lowest YPC of his career.

Back
Top Bottom