Parker or Williams? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker or Williams?

I haven't read through all the responses yet, but I'm 99% sure everyone will say Parker. He's had some great games for us so I understand. BUT
Everytime Parker and Williams have both been on the field at the same time, (before they both end up hurt) Williams has out played Parker.
Given the fact that they are close to the same type of player, Williams is younger and cheaper (lots cheaper)... I go with Williams.
Both of them though are hurt too much.

Two drops on 35 targets in 2020.

I just looked it up. Grant and Preston each had 3 drops.

Williams had an 8% drop rate on 35 targets. Career avg. is around 7%.

Grant had a 5% drop rate on 54 targets. Career avg. is around 4%.

Grant catch % 67 last year. Career avg. 62% catch %.

Williams catch % 51 last year. Career avg. 52% catch %.

i included the link i used in my post.

2 drops, 5.7% drop rate.

no idea which is correct, but i'm not particularly super concerned with a WR with a couple three drops.

I think Williams has a higher ceiling than Parker. He just needs to remain healthy.

Williams gets thrown to in double coverage for 50/50 balls and Grant only gets thrown to if he is wide open. I think the stats don't show the true story.

Williams gets thrown to in double coverage for 50/50 balls and Grant only gets thrown to if he is wide open. I think the stats don't show the true story.
While what you say is true, missing a 50/50 ball being contested by a defender isn't considered a drop.

i included the link i used in my post.

2 drops, 5.7% drop rate.

no idea which is correct, but i'm not particularly super concerned with a WR with a couple three drops.
I’m not concerned either. I just thought it was interesting that the numbers favored Grant. I didn’t expect that. I can see the benefits that each player brings to the team. I’m just not convinced that Williams is a lock to make the team anymore. Neither is Grant. They could both make the team or get cut. I do love the competition.

The point I was making to begin with is that comparing Parker to Williams is a no brainer since I view Williams as a fringe player and Parker as a legit starter on any NFL roster.

I’m not concerned either. I just thought it was interesting that the numbers favored Grant. I didn’t expect that. I can see the benefits that each player brings to the team. I’m just not convinced that Williams is a lock to make the team anymore. Neither is Grant. They could both make the team or get cut. I do love the competition.

The point I was making to begin with is that comparing Parker to Williams is a no brainer since I view Williams as a fringe player and Parker as a legit starter on any NFL roster.
i think PWs price tag and potential (and past track record when healthy) make him a lock.

i have been wrong before!

no idea what the future holds for Grant in that packed WR room.

parker is a stud.

Parker is a better receiver until Williams proves different, with more consistent receptions per games and obviously health, but there are two things that makes Williams even more intriguing then Parker, if he can stay healthy.

1. Favorite Receiver 2 years in a row.
In 2019, before he was injured, he was becoming Fitz favorite and go to guy, and in 2020 again, he was starting to become Tua's go to guy, before yet again, he was lost for the season.

Williams really needs to find a way to stay on the field. Considering he has yet to play a whole year, it's reasonable to believe, even though two QBs were favoring him, he has yet not reached ceiling.

2. Youth is on his side.
Williams is around 4 years younger then Parker, so though he has had two big injuries in a row, he has taken less NFL wear and tear then Parker.

3. Speed and Size.
Both are around the same speed, but Williams is 2 inches taller then Parker, this gives him an even higher point to catch passes...especially in the REDZONE.

4. Cheaper to keep.
I was and somewhat still am a Parker fan, but can't deny, if both prove to stay healthy, but one has to go, Williams is on a cheaper contract.

For now both will be playing together, so in the end health and salary will decide who goes if it comes to that, because both are very good receivers when healthy.

While I don't expect Grant to make the 53 man roster, I wouldn't be too upset if the Dolphins depth chart had Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams, Bowden ( or Wilson) and then Grant as the 6th wr. I would ask him to take a pay cut if that were the case. Grant on special teams and getting 15 to 20 targets a season as a wr would be ok. I just don't want to have Grant in your top 3 or 4 in targets at the wr position.

Parker. Hands down. The more I look at our WR group the more I think Grant is the 4th lock and Preston is playing to earn a spot. Unless Parker is traded. I think he’s an explosive option if used correctly. Plus he doesn’t actually drop everything. Just the deep ball. Lol I think he had 4 drops last season. Something like that.
Give me Bowden and Wilson over Grant any day of the week.Grant is a decent returner but he is barely adequate as an NFL WR. The only way I see Grant making the team is the coaching staff don‘t want to risk using Waddle or Holland as the teams kick returner because they are more valuable on offense and defense.

I don’t see Grant as a top 7 WR at this time and I think they will probably just keep 6 WR on the final 53.

Parker needs to go.. he has proven he can't stay healthy and only play hard when his job is on the line. I would choose Williams! He is going to be great!!
Wait PARKER can't stay healthy? Preston has been hurt every year he has been here.

Devante, hi level talent, stays out of trouble.

Parker needs to go.. he has proven he can't stay healthy and only play hard when his job is on the line. I would choose Williams! He is going to be great!!

Wait PARKER can't stay healthy? Preston has been hurt every year he has been here.
You have to admit it's funny/weird to see a player who has missed just over 2 games per season being knocked for injuries and availability while the player you would want to replace him with has missed 8 games per season due to injuries.

Back
Top Bottom