Parker or Williams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker or Williams?

Jamesw

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I question for my fellow Phin fans:
If you could only keep one of them. Would you keep Parker or Williams and why?

For now, I ABSOLUTELY keep them both... without a doubt, without a pause to think about it.

If PW remains healthy this year, I honestly believe he will surpass DVP's performance and this question will answer itself, but as I have said many times, he does have to remain healthy and prove that those two injuries were a product of bad luck, rather than poor structure.

Parker would be my choice. I'm actually ecited about having them both around this season. With Parker starting and Williams playing fewer snaps per game then he did when he was active in his first two seasons, I expect WIlliams to be healthy most of the season and the odds of both he and Parker being banged up at the same time should decrease some. Also having Williams as Parker's backup could mean you could rest Parker at times and still have a big wr option to plug into the offense in his place.

For now, I ABSOLUTELY keep them both... without a doubt, without a pause to think about it.

If PW remains healthy this year, I honestly believe he will surpass DVP's performance and this question will answer itself, but as I have said many times, he does have to remain healthy and prove that those two injuries were a product of bad luck, rather than poor structure.
I agree with you. I think DVP is good as long as he stays healthy but I saw glimpses of Williams having a higher ceiling. I also think last years broken foot/ankle accident was the result of Wilkins landing on it in celebration of the TD.
I definitely want them both this year, but if Williams has a healthy/productive season, I might consider trading DVP for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder (if I can get it) and using saved cap space to re-sign Fuller (if he proves himself).

Am I the only one who thinks Williams is so over rated on this board? He has a few special catches otherwise he drops a ton of balls.
Right? He has 716 yards and 7TDs in 16 games. He has missed 16 games in 2 seasons due to injury. If you compare him to Parker over their careers he has caught roughly 9% less of his targets (than Parker).

That being said, Williams has shown enough to make the team and be a respectable 4th or 5th option. I just don’t see him as being better than Parker, Fuller, Waddle or Gesicki. Obviously injuries happen, so you never really know how things will go.

I keep Parker, but it not my choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade one of them, but what could you get for Williams a soggy hotdog

Back
Top Bottom