Parker or Williams? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker or Williams?

Am I the only one who thinks Williams is so over rated on this board? He has a few special catches otherwise he drops a ton of balls.
Nope. I like the kid. But I'd cut him.

I'd take Parker over him all day.

He is always hurt, AND he drops the ball. Two qualities you just can't have in a WR. I don't care if he makes $100K or whatever low salary. Let him develop elsewhere.

Fins want to do damage in the playoffs THIS YEAR folks. The rebuild is over. Its do or die time.

PW reminds me of Chris Chambers who some fans thought was great. Both can make spectacular catches, but those get negated by the poor plays. QBs only completed 48.7% of passes throwing to CC during his career and so far QBs only complete 52.6% of their passes when throwing to PW. If you took out the two games in which PW was primarily covered with a PS and ST player getting their only game action in the secondary that completion % drops down below 50%.
I made this analogy of PW early in his rookie year.

He can amaze in the most unexpected moments. Then break your heart when you need him the most. His potential tantalizes people out of logic.

I'd give him one more year to step outside of the "injury" and "drops" labels, then cut bait.

I say that because DVP has developed some professional habits over the course of his career that have helped him become more "reliable" (I hesitate to cement that label).

PW needs one more chance to at least find his role on this team....

But glimmers of greatness are just that.. glimmers. He has a spot on this team if his availability can become less of a problem.

I agree with you on Bowden. IMO he is the 4th best WR on the team.

But I do think Grant would finally be used to his full potential on this team and the team would want to see what that looks like. Plus he’s been the guy putting in the most work. Trying to improve himself and help his QB. A bird in the hand is worth 3 injured/opt out players who never really posted great numbers either.. Grant isn’t better than Waddle or Wilson and I think Bowden is actually a better WR than Grant. I don’t hold it against Wilson and Hurns for opting out last season and I don’t think the the coaching staff does either. In fact they drafting Holland in the second round of the draft and he opted out of playing at Oregon last season.

Grant has missed 14 games the past 3 seasons due to injury. So he certainly isn’t less injury prone than the other WR’s on the roster except for Williams.
I am not a big Williams fan but I do believe he is a better WR when healthy than Grant is.

Wilson and Hurns are better WR’s than Grant and both of them have also been working out with Tua on their own time. The fact they opted out last year certainly doesn’t seem to be an issue for the organization. Especially considering they used a 2nd round pick on Holland and he opted out of playing at Oregon last season.

Perhaps they will figure out a way to keep Grant as their primary returner on special team but hopefully they don’t keep him around as one of the WR’s since I just don’t see him as one of the top 6 WR‘s on the roster.

Parker...

He's a good WR. Williams...IDK.

Parker... but I keep them both.

Parker is one of the better jump ball WR in the NFL. He may not have blazing speed but he is a deep threat for an accurate QB that can place it on the high point for him in stride or jump balls. He has a team friendly contract for a WR of his caliber. He is approaching 30 by the end of his deal. If he can put together some 16 game seasons with his potential numbers... could be another extension going into his early 30s.

Williams has shown some promising play but much like Parker's injuries they have reduced his games. His contract is in the final year. He should be affordable for us to keep as another big body WR for the outside unless he is a surprise breakout player this season. I think he has the ability to be a good #2 and paired with Parker it gives two big targets for Tua over the middle and timing routes.

Waddle in the slot with his speed or even on the outside running a fly route is going to make things hard on defenses. Our Top 4 WR's if healthy are going to be very dangerous. Then add in MG as a TE - Split WR packages... the middle of the field is going to look good for our big body WR's and a TE waiting to showcase his skills.

Fuller has great speed and showed on the juice that he can ball... I hope he continues to do so without being on it. But they take it for a reason and this is a game of inches. Fuller will take snaps away from Williams... I hope that pushes them both to reach their full potential.

Miami should be good at WR for the next 2 drafts. Tua needs to get the job done as Miami has provided a good solid group of players that a good or great QB can make even better!

I see Parker, Waddle, and MG as the top 3 producers for Miami this coming season.

Parker can catch

Not so sure about Williams thus it's Parker for me........although to be honest I would keep both as it's a no brainer imo.

I question for my fellow Phin fans:
If you could only keep one of them. Would you keep Parker or Williams and why?
Parker. Williams can’t stay healthy. The most important ability is availability PW has never had it. It’s not like he’s going to get more durable.

Parker. Williams can’t stay healthy. The most important ability is availability PW has never had it. It’s not like he’s going to get more durable.
I can't disagree that he has missed a lot of time, but I'm pretty sure a torn ACL one season and a weird season ending foot injury the next aren't indicators of future season-ending injuries.

Now THAT is possible.

But the painful recoil from the Wilkins jump is clear.

Pretty sure it was Wilkins who caused the injury.

I remember watching the press conferences the week after the game and both Wilkins and Flores danced around the media’s questions when asked the cause of the injury. That just confirmed it to me at the time.

Pretty sure it was Wilkins who caused the injury.

I remember watching the press conferences the week after the game and both Wilkins and Flores danced around the media’s questions when asked the cause of the injury. That just confirmed it to me at the time.
Oh yeah... Wilkins landed on his foot. On the video, you can clearly see Williams recoil in pain. After the TD, he was dancing across the end zone. Wilkins caused that injury with his silliness... just like when he body-slammed the commish on draft night. The kid doesn't realize his own strength.

Back
Top Bottom