Parsons versus Sewell | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

If Sewell is the pick does he play RT and move Hunt inside? The FO might see that as improving 2 positions with one pick.
NO! You shouldn’t take a guy with elite skills at Left Tackle and move him to Right Tackle. If you’re gonna do that..... Don’t draft him. You move Jackson to the right side and hunt inside.

NO! You shouldn’t take a guy with elite skills at Left Tackle and move him to Right Tackle. If you’re gonna do that..... Don’t draft him. You move Jackson to the right side and hunt inside.
As has been said a RT will protect Tua's blindside and Sewell has been said to be proficient in playing different positions on the line. Would you rather have Jackson or Sewell protecting your blindside? A lot of Tackles get moved around in college. If Tua was RH I get it.

As has been said a RT will protect Tua's blindside and Sewell has been said to be proficient in playing different positions on the line. Would you rather have Jackson or Sewell protecting your blindside? A lot of Tackles get moved around in college. If Tua was RH I get it.
I wasn’t aware that Sewell has RT flexibility.... Which is great. And you’re right.... One of the 2 has to go to the RT spot. My point is......Sewell is showing ELITE LT skills. I would keep him there and flip Jackson who has shown good skills but not Sewell is showing. And besides, if I’m gonna use the #3 overall pick on a guy....I’m not playing him out of the position that got him to #3 overall. Just my 2 cents.

I like the discussion, but the more I think about it a trade down seems likely.

I love Sewell and Smith, but there should be big offers out there for Fields and Wilson. The question is how far would Miami be willing to trade?
This team has some really nice players. Good solid players. We both can rattle off 20 names.
But we lack STARS- can only name one. X.

I will be hardpressed to pass on Devonte Smith. We desperately need weapons and playmakers. Makes the difference between Bills- GB- NO - KC.....
The path is clear to me:
WR: Draft Smith, Sign Juju, Parker WR3, Bowden WR4.
RB: Draft Harris, Gaskin great RB2.

This team has some really nice players. Good solid players. We both can rattle off 20 names.
But we lack STARS- can only name one. X.

I will be hardpressed to pass on Devonte Smith. We desperately need weapons and playmakers. Makes the difference between Bills- GB- NO - KC.....
The path is clear to me:
WR: Draft Smith, Sign Juju, Parker WR3, Bowden WR4.
RB: Draft Harris, Gaskin great RB2.
That's a nice plan. I do think Miami can move down a little and still get Smith.

I wasn’t aware that Sewell has RT flexibility.... Which is great. And you’re right.... One of the 2 has to go to the RT spot. My point is......Sewell is showing ELITE LT skills. I would keep him there and flip Jackson who has shown good skills but not Sewell is showing. And besides, if I’m gonna use the #3 overall pick on a guy....I’m not playing him out of the position that got him to #3 overall. Just my 2 cents.
Well I hope we can trade down but he is a Hell of a consolation prize. I am sure the coaches would make the best decision for Tua and the offense.

Chase vs. Smith, preferably moving down to 5 or a few spots lower. If we're stuck at 3, then same deal.

Not leaving this draft with Parker and Williams as the starting WRs. I'd rather have the same 5 starting on the OL than that disaster.

That's a nice plan. I do think Miami can move down a little and still get Smith.
I don’t think Devonte gets past Philly. I also think he may be on Cinci board behind sewell-
I would consider a trade inside top #7 for an multiple additional Rd2 or maybe RD 2 and additional 2022 Rd1

IF the Fins Draft Sewell he will be playing Rt protecting Tua's blind side THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

I am flummoxed and flabbergasted by people saying they would not move Sewell, as if LT is intrinsically more important than RT even with a lefty QB.

OL switch side in college all the time I do not know why so many think it is a big deal.

I don’t think Devonte gets past Philly. I also think he may be on Cinci board behind sewell-
I would consider a trade inside top #7 for an multiple additional Rd2 or maybe RD 2 and additional 2022 Rd1

Philadelphia definitely needs a wide receiver.

I just spent a little time watching highlights of both Parsons and Sewell this morning. They both should be elite players in the NFL.

Parsons pass rushing ability is very exciting and, in that sense, he could really solidify Miami's defense. He could be the best pass rusher in the draft, depending on how you utilize him.

But, Sewell is an absolute monster and dreaming on him plowing down defensive players in leading the running game is pretty exciting.

Miami has the opportunity to surround Tua with talent and that's really what this offseason should be about.

I do think a great argument could be made for either, though.

There is more talent at tackle than linebacker in the draft, as an example.

Well, there will be a Haason Reddick in FA. There are no Sewells in FA.

Well I hope we can trade down but he is a Hell of a consolation prize. I am sure the coaches would make the best decision for Tua and the offense.
Absolutely. A GOOD OL is something we haven’t had in Miami in years. I’d prefer a trade down to between 5 and 8. Take the receiver and be happy. But Sewell is a great second choice.

Absolutely. A GOOD OL is something we haven’t had in Miami in years. I’d prefer a trade down to between 5 and 8. Take the receiver and be happy. But Sewell is a great second choice.
Yea, I think most of us are on the same page. But to be that specific on a trade down is very low percentage. I wouldn’t ask for the moon. One to two extra picks is fine. I think people are being unrealistic to expect a 1 next yr to move down a few slots.

If you need a laugh, CBS Sportsline has Parsons falling to us at #18.

Also, where did all the Draft Forum stickied threads go?
It wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple other LBs end up rated higher on some team's boards.

Back
Top Bottom