Parsons versus Sewell | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

If Sewell is the pick does he play RT and move Hunt inside? The FO might see that as improving 2 positions with one pick.
Put Hunt at right guard and move Jackson to right tackle. I'd hate to move a generational talent from his natural position and with Tua rolling out to his left so much I'd feel much more comfortable having an amazing mauler and pass blocker on that side. Watch some of Peneis film and see an absolute beast

Plus, there's a lot of talent at wide receiver in this draft.

I would love for Miami to get Smith and I don't doubt he's top 10. But if the Dolphins trade down a few spots, add a #1 pick for 2022 and end up with Chase, would any fan be disappointed?
Yes. I would

not sure how we could complain about our WRs not creating space AND be ok with taking chase

Parcells planet theory makes the decision easier, basically the philosophy that there are so few men both large enough and athletic enough to be NFL linemen that they are intrinsically more valuable than other nominally sized positions.

I believe there are also questions regarding Parsons character, I haven't dug into yet as the draft is so far away, but if its true, I am a firm believer that past behavior predicts future behavior.

I keep liking what I see in Zaven Collins to be honest as well.....

Why not both?!

I feel like there is no shot that happens. Parsons is a top 10 pick for sure

i would love it but we would be missing out on a lot of WR talent though.. the “big 3” go 5,6,7 which is crazy. I would take any of them at those spots and snag Parsons at 18, and if there is another OT you like later, okay cool

Yes. I would

not sure how we could complain about our WRs not creating space AND be ok with taking chase
Interesting, so you don't think he gets separation? I do see him winning on 50/50 balls, bullying defenders but I did not see a lot of top end speed. I hope we have a combine so we can get some times on these WR's, cone drills, etc...

I read an article where Chase ran a 4.66 40 in HS but was timed at 4.4 at LSU. A couple of things, one you have to be talented to get a schollie to LSU, who gives that to a WR that runs 4.6? Second how do you trim that much time off but add weight and muscle? I don't know but he did amazing things to elite competition at the highest level.

Last edited:
Interesting, so you don't think he gets separation? I do see him winning on 50/50 balls, bullying defenders but I did not see a lot of top end speed. I hope we have a combine so we can get some times on these WR's, cone drills, etc...

I read an article where Chase ran a 4.66 40 in HS but was timed at 4.4 at LSU. A couple of things, one you have to be talented to get a schollie to LSU, who gives that to a WR that runs 4.6? Second how do you trim that much time off but add weight and muscle? I don't know but he did amazing things to elite competition at the highest level.
Chase definitely balled out... I’d just be hesitant to take him since it seems like he is going to do the same thing Parker and Williams does

Parsons would end up making a much bigger impact then Sewell in making Miami a top team.

He plays like a 4.4 guy.

LSU gave Jarvis Landry a scholarship. 5 star recruit. Ran 4.7

Anquan Boldin would've been a 5 star if there was a star rating system back then. He ran 4.7.

Fast 40 yard dashes doesn't necessarily equate to talented.

Anquan Boldin would've been a 5 star if there was a star rating system back then. He ran 4.7.

I don't think people get that. Getting separation is about setting up the DB. It's more about brains than it is a 40 yard time. I ran a 4.78 and I got separation while guys running a 4.3 were struggling because they had no idea how to sink hips and explode in and out of cuts.

I repeat. Getting open doesn't really have anything do about your 40 yard time.

I don't think people get that. Getting separation is about setting up the DB. It's more about brains than it is a 40 yard time. I ran a 4.78 and I got separation while guys running a 4.3 were struggling because they had no idea how to sink hips and explode in and out of cuts.

I repeat. Getting open doesn't really have anything do about your 40 yard time.
Good point, I mean Parker has been timed with 4.4 speed. Its not like he is slow.

Interesting, Landry has great hands and obviously knows how to get open.

Why not both?!

I feel like there is no shot that happens. Parsons is a top 10 pick for sure

i would love it but we would be missing out on a lot of WR talent though.. the “big 3” go 5,6,7 which is crazy. I would take any of them at those spots and snag Parsons at 18, and if there is another OT you like later, okay cool
Yes I want Devonta, but if this were somehow to happen, I'd like it. Spend the next 3 picks on the Olave, St Brown, Moore (either), Toney, Surratt, etc and Harris, Etienne, Williams, Carter, Hubbard, etc groups. 2 wr's and a rb.

I have maintained for months that there was an excellent chance that Micah Parsons would slide.

The original take on this guy was that he was a slam dunk top 5 pick... and I kept saying, "QBs are gonna rise; CBs are gonna rise; Hell, I think it is stupid, but WRs are probably going to rise a bit..."

Now, we haven't hit draft day, obviously... but I think that we are seeing Parsons slide for the exact reason that I said he would-- the position that he plays. Linebackers just don't usually go all that high... and as good as he is, he is still a linebacker who isn't an Edge.

...and I think the chances have actually grown that we might select him. I don't think he'll slide to #18, but a landing spot between 10 and 18 seems ever-more likely, especially if a few sulky GMs take him off of their board because he opted out. In my mind, he is a prime target for either a trade down from #3 or a trade up from #18. If we want him, he is VERY available.

I believe Parsons will be there at 18. Based on his Instagram he reminds me a lot of Jordan Phillips. His maturity level is that of a a 15 year old boy. It’s all about the bling and not much about the grind.

Back
Top Bottom