Pass 1st Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass 1st Offense

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
RW is a top 3 back in the NFL why is he overused? RW needs to be utilized more in the passing game less in a Bull SH.(imo) Run First Offense.

The QB, Jay or AJ, need to make a lot more pass attempts this next season then the previous two seasons for Miami to get anywhere.

It creates more uncertainty for the defense and puts the QB/OL/WR in a zone and puts the patience back into RW....The list can go on and on.

i just thought of this and felt like sharing my thoughts on the matter.

fininri

I totally agree....more screens...more options..more creativity, our offense is so predictable....ITS funny sometimes like in THE PATRIOTS game 2 seasons ago when we are supposed to run we pass....but any other situation we run!!! WE DONT HAVE EXCUSES FOR NOT PASSING ANYMORE....WE HAVE CHAMBERS, MCMIKE, BOSTON, RICKY, HELL EVEN KONRAD, that is more than enopugh weapons to pass the DAMN BALL...geeze...I know we dont have DAN anymore but i feel jay and AJ are capable of at least completing short passes we dont even do that..HOW IS RICKY SUPOSED tu run with eight men in the box...STOP WITH THE RUN FIRST...2 SEASONS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS IS UNACCEPTABLE.... HELL even SNOOP can contribute....c'mon, and it may seem i am frustrated well i am... I am not een from miami and i live in CENTRAL AMERICA...i've flown in to see this freaking team 6 times in the past 2 years just to watch them play...because my expectations were so high...from now on my expectations are going to be low, and that way things will have an upside..so i propose this to all the fin fans.....LETS JUST NOT EXPECT THIS TEAM TO MAKE THE SUPERBOWL,,LETS LOWER OUR EXPECTATIONS, MAYBE THAT WAY WE'LL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS GET TO THE SUPERBOWL AND WIN.....I DUNNO WHAT TO DO ANYMORE....ITS JUST SO HEARTBREAKING SEASON AFTER SEASON....i dont even care if we win the superbowl, for once i just want to get there....get to the big game,,, be able to say my team is not good, we are awesome....we did it... THE TEAMS OWES US THAT MUCH...they owe miami that, hell they owe my girlfriend that (having to put up with my BS whenever we lose)

Sorry for my BS ranting i just needed this to release some stress of this past offseason.......AND THE DISAPOINTEMENT FROM LAST YEAR....CYA

GO PHINS

I would like to see RW catch a few more passes too. If he left the backfield prior to the snap, the D wold have to adjust and keep 8 out of the box as often. This should keep someone open down field.

Do you really think that Dave the Idiot is going to adopt such a philosophy? I don't think so. We are going to see the same antiquated offense we have seen since the midpoint of that first season w/Norv Turner.

A couple of the beat writers have said last year and earlier this year that the idea you guys have proposed was in fact the plan for last year. The failures of the OLine made them go "safe" with giving it to RW nearly 400 times. If the Oline has improved, big, vital "if", then I think you will see more slants, swing passes, etc. That's why when I hear we are keeping the same offensive plan as last year's training camp I don't get concerned. Perhaps this year we will finally have the personnel to implement it.

On the pass on first down topic,did you know the dolphins were 10 -2 when they ran more then passed on first down and they were 0-4 when they passes more on first down.here is each gave pass vrs run.......

(wins) run ----- pass
jets 20 6
bills 26 7
bills 12 7
jets 14 12
giants 16 12
jags 14 7
sd 15 6
ravens 22 9
skins 14 11
boys 22 6

(losses)