Pass Rush/Safety & Van Noy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush/Safety & Van Noy

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
While Ogbah has been a welcomed addition hes obviously not a top pass rusher he's OK. When we rushed 4 the Bills had all day to throw. Lawson was a decent through out the year do we keep him? AVG has outplayed him in my opinion.

I would look at pass rusher at #18.

McCain regressed in the 2nd half of the year and Rowe hasn't been the same since the KC game he's been getting beat on coverages and can't play the ball in the air. (Does McCain make this team next year?)

Van Noy was terrible today today non existent. The run defense was terrible today the Bills PS RB played like a pro bowler.

I think I’m comfortable at safety right now, because Brandon Jones showed potential. Does that mean he’ll be successful? No. But I wouldn’t go out of my way to upgrade that right now.

Pass rusher is definitely something I would look at though. Ogbah looks good, but there are times (Derek Carr) where QBs have 10 seconds to throw the ball

Van Noy looks to be on the decline to me. Zaven Collins would be an upgrade.

We like to play the single high safety with McCain. We need more of a ball hawk back there. Richard Lecounte would be nice there.

You raise a good point.

Most of the attention this offseason should be on offense. But the defense could use an elite pass rusher.

This defense is so dependent on the pass rush getting home. If it doesn't, it's subject to allowing big plays.

KC and Buffalo exploited this. Both teams do a great job of protecting their quarterback. In addition, Mahomes and Allen are good at avoiding the rush.

The problem is finding an elite pass rusher. Not sure there is one in the draft.

I think pass rusher could be a free agency priority. Lots of teams are in cap trouble and quality players could shake free.

Van Noy looks to be on the decline to me. Zaven Collins would be an upgrade.

We like to play the single high safety with McCain. We need more of a ball hawk back there. Richard Lecounte would be nice there.
Would like Collins at 18

But I was told just last week we shouldn't spend resources on our defense because we are already #1 and cant get better than 1!

Back
Top Bottom