Pass Rush Solid??...I Say Prove It!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush Solid??...I Say Prove It!!

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
This is the game. Tomorrow we will find out what the Phinz pass rush is made of. Will they show???.....

Being a season ticket holder, I know one thing about the Phinz when they are playing at home. They play much better on defense....

The pass rush has been average thus far IMO, but the return of P. Surtain should help the pass rush. T. Brady will be forced to hold the ball longer with Surtain back there, and that will provide the DL with more time to get to Brady....

It's time for the guys like J. Taylor, A. Ogunleye, D. Bowens, J. Williams, and R. Burnett to start making an impact in sack production IMO.....

Show me something more!!!

Pass Rush Solid???......I Say Prove It!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

The pass rush has been average thus far IMO, but the return of P. Surtain should help the pass rush.

IMO the pass rush has been so bad that I feel we are going to be looking for FA $$$ DE help or drafting more DE's next year.

NFL football begins on the offensive/defensive lines. Right now both those lines are troublesome along with 3rd corner (hopefully fletcher grows), OLB's and Freeman's safety spot. These seem to be our big holes.

We certainly will not be spending more money on DEs next year, we have a ton of depth at DE right now. The Pass Rush will show up, I think it will this weekend as we exploit the weak tackles of NE.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We certainly will not be spending more money on DEs next year, we have a ton of depth at DE right now. The Pass Rush will show up, I think it will this weekend as we exploit the weak tackles of NE.

Care to make a little wager on that? :)

We have yet to find a reasonable DE who can take the double team off J.T. While we have depth at DE all but J.T are playing no better then backups. Get used to what we saw in K.C. Whenever we face a competent offensive line we are in trouble.

I think Ogunleye will progress inton being a very good DE, he has put pressue on the QB in a few games but only has a sack. I still think he will finish the year with 10.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
This is the game. Tomorrow we will find out what the Phinz pass rush is made of. Will they show???.....

Being a season ticket holder, I know one thing about the Phinz when they are playing at home. They play much better on defense....

The pass rush has been average thus far IMO, but the return of P. Surtain should help the pass rush. T. Brady will be forced to hold the ball longer with Surtain back there, and that will provide the DL with more time to get to Brady....

It's time for the guys like J. Taylor, A. Ogunleye, D. Bowens, J. Williams, and R. Burnett to start making an impact in sack production IMO.....

Show me something more!!!

Pass Rush Solid???......I Say Prove It!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:
i'm not doubting it, but if the defense plays better at home, how come we got dumped on by the jets last year?!

Re: Re: Pass Rush Solid??...I Say Prove It!!

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

IMO the pass rush has been so bad that I feel we are going to be looking for FA $$$ DE help or drafting more DE's next year.

NFL football begins on the offensive/defensive lines. Right now both those lines are troublesome along with 3rd corner (hopefully fletcher grows), OLB's and Freeman's safety spot. These seem to be our big holes.

as i have said time and time again. why the F*%$ did we cut henry taylor? rob burnett should have been cut. jay williams is very unimpressive. im waiting for David Bowens to light it up. adewale has done ok. inconcsisitent pass rush. solid against the run. yeah i know henry taylor is a DT, but he was a good DT. another stupid ass move. hey lets play david bowens at DT! theres an idea.

before we jump to conclusions, lets wait until after the game tomorrow. and added DB should change things alot!

Re: Re: Re: Pass Rush Solid??...I Say Prove It!!

Originally posted by finfan54

as i have said time and time again. why the F*%$ did we cut henry taylor? rob burnett should have been cut. jay williams is very unimpressive. im waiting for David Bowens to light it up. adewale has done ok. inconcsisitent pass rush. solid against the run. yeah i know henry taylor is a DT, but he was a good DT. another stupid ass move. hey lets play david bowens at DT! theres an idea.

Taylor isn't even in the league right now I believe. He wasn't any good. Chester was a solid pickup as long as he stays healthy. However we got a bunch of run stopping DE's who can't rush the passer. Right now we are pinning our hopes on D. Bowens/Ogunleye picking it up.

I know I am going to take flak for this but hey I have been saying it all along. We will/are missing Bromell on passing downs. We've let so many defensive linemen go over the years that it was bound to happen.

Ogunleye has to step up and Bowens needs to get that cast off his hand and show us that he can build on his limited performance from last year.

Good points Blitzkrieg. As a season ticket holder, I agree with you, the defense is MUCH better at home. The crowd gets them pumped and excited. I think they need to play more rap songs like "Hit em high, hit em low" because it seems that whenever they do that on 3rd down, our defense is going nuts and knocks the sh*t outta someone.

About the pass rush, I can't fault JT. He is always double-teamed. But, Wale has gotta step up today. He hasn't done much to help us out oppositie of JT so teams can afford to double-team JT and know that they aren't in trouble. One of my keys to the game last week was to put a lot of pressure on Green and we failed at doing that so we gave up 48 points. We must do the same today. Put pressure on Brady, make him turn the ball over, and score off turnovers. We didn't force turnovers last week either and that was one of the reasons we made 5 ourselves, the pressure to have to score every drive or else we lose. If we win the turnover battle today, we should easily come out with a win. If we don't, we could be in for a long long day.

I think Ogunleye will progress inton being a very good DE, he has put pressue on the QB in a few games but only has a sack. I still think he will finish the year with 10.

Agreed,O-Gun needs to step it up a little.Im just hoping hes not a preseason fluke!

Originally posted by DolFan31

Agreed,O-Gun needs to step it up a little.Im just hoping hes not a preseason fluke!
i don't think he's a fluke. coverage downfield has been pretty weak and the opposing QB has been getting rid of the ball to fast!:rolleyes:

Brady can't handle the blitz, we just need to stop those little dink and dunk 3-8 yard passes that turn into 12-18 yard receptions. Oh yeah, RUN-RICKY-RUN!!!

Back
Top Bottom