Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

Canā€™t believe some people are suggesting heā€™s gonna get paid - he might, if he hits a ton of performance escalators, which is a win-win.

Dude is 100% going to get a VERY LOW base guaranteed, like $1-2mil/yr and a 2-3yr deal with easy outs.

BANK ON IT.

If he was going to get paid, it would have happened by now. You canā€™t even find any news about him, the article posted isnā€™t even sure if he got surgery.

No one is banging on this dudes door right now. Heā€™ll take what he can get this also reasonable. Heā€™ll get signed but to a very low guaranteed deal.
Ingram hasn't figured this out yet. Maybe someone will offer him more than he's worth but I agree with your take, he's going to have to settle on his new deal.

Since draft day(s), I have been bemoaning the fact that we didn't obtain the second pass-rusher that I am positive that we need for the rotation.

If our Front Office thinks that Ingram is the best bet (no guarantees), then I'll enthusiastically put both thumbs up.
He was one of the guys I mentioned during FA that would not break the bank and add to the pass rush. Hopefully he plays above his contract.

I'd be shocked if he takes a "one year prove it deal" He is at the tail end of his career and he is going to try to cash out. If our recent history has shown anything, aging veterans don't stick around here long and I'm sure the agents and players know that. If he signed a 1-year deal here or even a 2 year with us having an out next year he will be 33 and no team is going to sign him to a lengthy substantial deal at that point. He has to come to the realization his career is just about over. Someone will probably sign him to a 3-year deal and overpay based on his past, that's what he's looking for but we're not going to do that. The days of paying for a name on the backend of their career are over around here...
On one will sign him for three years big contract. No way.
The fact that now is late May and he still looking for employment, he will take whatever presented to him.
I see that we will offer a one year try out deal, or a two years club friendly deal.

These post-draft FAs are always way cheaper than you'd expect. I'm game to sign one and see how it goes.
That's what i'm banking on. Once he comes to grips with the realization he's not getting top $ he should be basing his decision to sign on playing time, chances to be successful from both a team and individual standpoint. We seem like a good match.

These post-draft FAs are always way cheaper than you'd expect. I'm game to sign one and see how it goes.

It's a great way to add a quality rotational player, which is what Miami is looking for. Fewer snaps should be good for guys like Ingram and Houston, too. Miami fits both really well.

That LB group still concerns me. As long as we don't play a strong running team i suppose!
Roberts was a really weak link in that regard. His whole game is run forward into a gap and hope something is there... when it is, he looks good, when it isn't... he has no answer, no recovery strategy.
Baker is a good cover guy, and springs the occasional sack/ behind the line run stop, but he's light and easily to block when a lineman gets their hands on him.
... We improved on Roberts with McKinney, and the Scarlett/Riley signings should help too. I'm hopeful here. We brought in one slightly faded star and two solid vets... that should help.

Back
Top Bottom