Pass Rusher Shane Ray A Logical Free Agent Target For The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Shane Ray A Logical Free Agent Target For The Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11871490.jpg

Injuries have prevented pass rusher Shane Ray from reaching his potential as an NFL player — Ray has struggled through multiple wrist surgeries since entering the league and an ankle injury in 2018. As a result, Ray is still on the free agent market and looking for a home.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...a-logical-free-agent-target-for-the-dolphins/

I liked Shane Ray pretty well leading up to the offseason that year. Then he didn't test well, and when you went back and watched, you saw that a lot of his success came from timing the snap, so I dropped him to the 3rd. He showed some promise at Denver, and I have nothing against bringing him in on a cheap contract, but unless it's REALLY cheap, I wouldn't offer him more than a year.

To me he is their Charles Harris. I would really hate to have 2 Charles Harris' on this team... the only thing worse would be 2 Devante Parkers... No **** that... 2 Dallas Thomas'.

But I still say we sign him. We dont have the luxury of being picky.

I think it's unlikely for Miami to be the team that likes Ray best, because he's not a clean fit anywhere on the D - much smaller than they prefer at DE, isn't athletic enough and doesn't have the experience/skill to play OLB. So, he'd basically be a situational pass rusher. As illscriptures noted, Ray has a lot of similarities to Charles Harris, who is also not a fit on paper.

I think it's unlikely for Miami to be the team that likes Ray best, because he's not a clean fit anywhere on the D - much smaller than they prefer at DE, isn't athletic enough and doesn't have the experience/skill to play OLB. So, he'd basically be a situational pass rusher. As illscriptures noted, Ray has a lot of similarities to Charles Harris, who is also not a fit on paper.
I was going to say the same thing. He really doesn't fit this defense.

Not athletic in space. Doesnt set the edge. Tons of injuries. Hard pass.

This front office will probably kick tires on anyone that fits the scheme, but Ray isn't that.

I honestly just enjoy you back on FH, nappy.

ive been out coaching on the field for the last 7 years. Im behind a computer now for the first half of the day, so its such much easier to be on. Im enjoying posting again. and not posting about the gml lol

Sort of sounds like the kind of guy you want to face on the other team to me.

What exactly is our scheme? I don't think we have seen anything yet saying that they are absolutely, without a doubt, using the same scheme that Flores used in New England.

My prediction is that we will see a hybrid type of system that will take some elements of the NE scheme that fits the personnel on the roster and throw in some wrinkles so it isn't completely familiar to everyone.

I mean he didn't have a good 3-cone but saying he didn't test well and isn't athletic enough is a bit of a stretch

Overrated situational pass rusher. One trick pony one at that.

More hype than substance. I pass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom