Reaction score
16 N.Y. Jets Santana Moss WR Miami 2001

16 San Francisco Julian Peterson OLB Michigan State 2000

16 Tennessee Jevon Kearse DE Florida 1999

16 Tennessee Kevin Dyson WR Utah 1998

16 Tampa Bay Reidel Anthony WR Florida 1997

16 Minnesota Duane Clemons DE California 1996

16 N.Y. Jets Hugh Douglas DE Central State, Ohio 1995

Some of the past picks at # 16, some good football players.

:) ;) :tongue:

good post, but i think it's obvious that we know great talent is available this year.

Some picks you listed turned out fantastic, but I'm kind of puzzled as to why you listed Anthony and Dyson. These guys weren't stars or anything, most people wouldn't even remember Dyson if he wouldn't have landed on the one yard line in an important game.

Point well taken Sirspud , my point was to show the good and bad of it. As I said there are "some" good players at those picks . I think that any time you draft out of the top ten you get a 50/50 shot . I also away from the last few years because it tkes time to see if these picks pan out.

Sirspud said:
Some picks you listed turned out fantastic, but I'm kind of puzzled as to why you listed Anthony and Dyson. These guys weren't stars or anything, most people wouldn't even remember Dyson if he wouldn't have landed on the one yard line in an important game.

He would have still been known as the WR taken ahead of Randy Moss in that draft.

REAL DEAL said:
. I also away from the last few years because it tkes time to see if these picks pan out.

I think it's safe to say Troy Polamalu (2003, #16) is gonna be pretty good..

he didnt post stars he posted past 16th picks doeant matter on their outcome.

Whew... there for a minute I thought we were involved in a trade......

I agree Sofa King Drunk , the passed few years have been as follows :

16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews T Arkansas 2004

16 Pittsburgh Troy Polamalu SS Southern California 2003

16 Cleveland William Green RB Boston College 2002

Thanks SweepeR , your right its a roll of the dice when you pick this low .

REAL DEAL said:
Point well taken Sirspud , my point was to show the good and bad of it. As I said there are "some" good players at those picks . I think that any time you draft out of the top ten you get a 50/50 shot . I also away from the last few years because it tkes time to see if these picks pan out.

I would say anytime you draft in the top 10 you still have about a 50/50 chance. Some guys you know "have it", then some you just cant tell....

Thats why the old J.J. rule is in my opinion the best, get as many draft picks as you can and you hope out of say 12 you get 4 or 5 good players.

REAL DEAL said:
I agree Sofa King Drunk , the passed few years have been as follows :

16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews T Arkansas 2004

16 Pittsburgh Troy Polamalu SS Southern California 2003

16 Cleveland William Green RB Boston College 2002

I would trade our 16th for Polamalu today! That guy is amazing for the Steelers and he does not get enough credit!

this is a deep draft class, im optimistic that we get an impact player at 16

Back
Top Bottom