Pat Devlin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Devlin

scottieUK

Starter
Reaction score
I haven't seen this guy throw a pass yet but from what I read he is having a good camp so far. Could he surprise a few people and make the team?

yes..as a #3Qb... why not....

Yeah I think he makes it as a #3 QB. Don't expect him to challenge Henne or Moore. He's a good prospect but he's at least a year or two from being a legit NFL QB and a threat to start IMO. He's got a lot of very good attributes but he's got a lot to learn too and I would think the game is a bit bigger than him right now.

He is in competition with Brandstater for the #3 and I would think the coaches would love to be able to have this guy win the job. I don't think he would get snatched off the practice squad like some believe, but ideally you would love for him to make the team.

Brandstater is gone and Devil will be the #3. I also think Devlin has a great chance to compete to be a starter in a couple years. Probably not next year, but the one after.

Brandstater is gone and Devil will be the #3. I also think Devlin has a great chance to compete to be a starter in a couple years. Probably not next year, but the one after.

I can't say either way on Brandstater . . . not after a few days of practice . . . the preseason will be a much greater barometer. Too early to tell anything right now.

Without summer organized workouts ... rookies will be very green. Now with the rush to start the season, experienced QBs will get most attention & reps. Rooks will get just enough attention to judge cutting down to the 53-man roster.

No matter what happens, they won't have a good assessment of any rookie QB until about mid-season.

Most of us on here are so desperate for a qb we want to believe he could be the man.there was a reason he went undrafted this year.i would not mind him sitting behind the top two qb's for a few years and then give him a shot at the starting job if he has picked p his game.the pads are not even on as of yet and no one has been able to hit the qb yet.we will see what happens when all systems go

Most of us on here are so desperate for a qb we want to believe he could be the man.there was a reason he went undrafted this year.i would not mind him sitting behind the top two qb's for a few years and then give him a shot at the starting job if he has picked p his game.the pads are not even on as of yet and no one has been able to hit the qb yet.we will see what happens when all systems go

The biggest step Devlin could make is make the 53 man roster . . . anything else is very unreasonable. I still think Miami goes with Brandstater as the #3 and places Devlin on the practice squad but that is squarely based on him being around the team longer and having more NFL experience. If Devlin outplays him, he deserves to stick on the roster.

I could totally see him making it, I've always wondered why he didn't get drafted this past Draft.

Brandstater's probably back to the practice squad I'd imagine.

Yeah I think he makes it as a #3 QB. Don't expect him to challenge Henne or Moore. He's a good prospect but he's at least a year or two from being a legit NFL QB and a threat to start IMO. He's got a lot of very good attributes but he's got a lot to learn too and I would think the game is a bit bigger than him right now.

You are probably right, but its sad to make a statement that anybody wouldn't challenge Henne/Moore for the starters job....neither of whom are legit NFL QB's, and they no longer have the excuse of youth to bail them out.

Pat wont stay on the Practice squad too long he will get snapped up...........so you have to make him your #3 or loose him.

Back
Top Bottom