Pat Kirwan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Kirwan

People, give it up, we will not get their 2nd this year. Getting their 4th this year and 2nd next year would be a very solid trade. Think long term. Didn't Marshall Faulk, another aging supervet like Pat get traded for a third or 4th rounder?

A 4th this year and a 2nd next does nothing for us.

And no about Marshall Faulk..it was a 2nd and a fifth

If we have to take their 4th this year, I want a conditional pick next year that based on Surtain's performance can move up to a 1st rounder.

Remember that a pick next year is valued one round lower than the present year.If we take the deal we would be trading all-pro Surtain for two fouth round picks.

...and if the Chiefs end up having a good year, which could be possible with him added....then it will be very low in the round and could be technically valued at a lowwww mid rounder.

Yes it would help us from a pure number of picks standpoint, but I don't believe that type of trade helps us find significantly valued players to help our franchise. And that's what we need from trading Surt

I'd take a 4th this year and a 2nd next year because I don't think the Chiefs will do that much better year year. Plus, if we trade down, we'll either get a 2nd or a 3rd.

4th this year & a 3rd next year..well, okay.

Let us move on over to the paper work shall we :D

Schleprock said:
A 4th this year and a 2nd next does nothing for us.

And no about Marshall Faulk..it was a 2nd and a fifth

Also, Marshall was only 26 when traded to the Rams. Pat will be 29 before the season starts and all ready has questions concerning his knee.

If Pat where healthy all year I would rather keep him, but I really question if he can. I believe that is why he is so adament about such a big signing bonus. He knows this could be his last shot at the big payday.

I would accept a 4th this year and a 2nd next year if it was offered.

But hey, what the hell do I know!!!!

Whats the deal?

How come people are so critical of a 2nd next year? This team is REBUILDING. We will not get to the Super bowl this year(most likely). I, for one, say if we can get multiple mid level picks out of the deal, so be it. The other question I have is how does a 2nd round pick next year not equal a 2nd round pick? As far as value goes, it matters not where you pick, it matters who you pick. Some of our best players are mid level draft choices(Thomas, Taylor). The more picks the better.

Noodleman said:
How come people are so critical of a 2nd next year? This team is REBUILDING. We will not get to the Super bowl this year(most likely). I, for one, say if we can get multiple mid level picks out of the deal, so be it. The other question I have is how does a 2nd round pick next year not equal a 2nd round pick? As far as value goes, it matters not where you pick, it matters who you pick. Some of our best players are mid level draft choices(Thomas, Taylor). The more picks the better.
I agree. I would be ok with a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Also, if Saban gets his way and trades down, we will pick up a 2nd rounder this year for sure. It would be nice to have a draft next year that is still fully intact plus two extra picks.

BocaHighQB said:
First off he didnt say that, he said he THINKS KC will give a 4th this year and 3rd next year, not that the Dolphins will except it, let alone we are offering, edit the post, please and make the post easier to understand.

BocaHighQB said:
First off he didnt say that, he said he THINKS KC will give a 4th this year and 3rd next year, not that the Dolphins will except it, let alone we are offering, edit the post, please and make the post easier to understand.

Muchos gracias for the clarification. How many times have posts like this come on where it's the other team making an offer, RUMORED offer, at that, and then someone twists it, freaks out, and we get, "Can you believe we're offering that?! We better not!"

:shakeno:

You have no idea how pis*** I'll be if we did this trade. If they want to give up draft picks next year then fine, he can play this year for us, we'll franchise him and they can trade for him next year. I know some of you are willing to settle for draft picks but I'm not. Surtain is a great player and if we can't get anything for him via trade I say we keep him.

I completely agree

Ohio Fanatic said:
People, give it up, we will not get their 2nd this year. Getting their 4th this year and 2nd next year would be a very solid trade. Think long term. Didn't Marshall Faulk, another aging supervet like Pat get traded for a third or 4th rounder?

That is virtually the best case scenario minus a brainwave meltdown akin to Rick Speilman last April. One of the "gurus" here belittled the 4th this year and 2nd next year scenario a few days ago. I couldn't disagree more. That is excellent value, especially since everyone knows we are peddling Surtain, and given our salary cap situation.

Also, the conventional wisdom that a pick next year is worth one less round than this year is not appropriate given a team coming off a 4-12 year, IMO. As someone posted above, we are rebuilding, whether the fanatics want to admit it or not. Especially if we take a QB, this is realistically a 3-5 year process to threaten a ring. An additional #2 in 2006 looks great when you evaluate it in those terms.

Back
Top Bottom