Pat McAfee Show going to ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat McAfee Show going to ESPN

Odd move considering he had a $120 million dollar deal with FanDuel. Enjoy his show as he brings up some interesting things that happen behind the scene in the NFL. ESPN is sadly gonna ruin this show

I meant he didnt need it so much that he'd sellout...
Hmmm....that assumes a lot about him as a person. His public personna may not be who he is as a person.

Everyone wants to be successful (most ppl). Despite what some think of ESPN, I would venture to say they are still seen as the pinnacle of sports journalism, and guys/gals that have worked their way up from the bottom of the corporate world are going to jump at the opportunity.

Hmmm....that assumes a lot about him as a person. His public personna may not be who he is as a person.

Everyone wants to be successful (most ppl). Despite what some think of ESPN, I would venture to say they are still seen as the pinnacle of sports journalism, and guys/gals that have worked their way up from the bottom of the corporate world are going to jump at the opportunity.
His show was basically the opposite of what ESPN sells on a daily basis, and that's what made it great for me. I just don't understand the move. Whatever floats his boat.

His show was basically the opposite of what ESPN sells on a daily basis, and that's what made it great for me. I just don't understand the move. Whatever floats his boat.
I don't disagree. I read that he said nothing will change, except less F-bombs.

I really don't see BSPN shelving their PC and social justice warrior culture to accommodate that.

As you said, whatever.

I can't say I boycott the clowns totally, but I do avoid them to a large extent, and will no longer go out of my way to watch Pat.

Last edited:
Terrible news. This show will be dumb-downed and under too much control from executives.

My bros and I were just talking about this.

This is the EXACT opposite of what you'd expect of him. He had a three hours show where they just discussed whatever they wanted. Really no agenda or anything.

This is a terrible move for sports fandom.

No it wasn't. He was still nothing more than a schill for the league.
He talked all ghetto and crap but he still toed the NFL company line.
He completely ignored anything about NFL being entertainment and not competition. So now the owner is giving the dog a biscuit and patting him on the head

Didn't ESPN run off Dan LeBatard because of the "non traditional" nature of his show?

How does bringing in McAfee and his stupid sleeveless t shirts jibe with that decision?

Not a regular listener , but maybe he'll just get some nice money for a bit then get freedom like LeBatard. Good for him.

His humor doesn't really line up with mine so I sometimes find him annoying, he is better than most of the junk that is on ESPN these days though and I did enjoy his Rodgers interview episode. I also think he is one of those guys who calls out EA and the NFL for how trashy Madden video games have been since the exclusivity deal so props to him on that.

His show has been going down for awhile. Going to espn is a terrible decision i wont be watching

Back
Top Bottom